Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GB][12-16-11] ThunderStick GENII v2.5.6 {2.11.605.5}

Tip us?

wolfinator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsha12151 View Post
Woke up to the update symbol. So, without hesitation - off I go into update land. I select the one with the sense 3 (love that lockscreen). Doing this through the ROM Manager.

Stuck at splash screen on reboot.

Tried again - stuck on boot animation.

Battery pull - still stuck at boot animation.

Help.

Was running 2.1.1, only wiped Dalvik

Until this, I was having a great time with your ROM.

I am having the exact same issue. I came from dasBamf, downloaded this via the Rom Manager(with 3.0) and I wiped/backed up everything. I keep getting stuck at the boot animation as well. I can't even get back to the menu to try and restore my backup, it just continually asks me if I'd like to complete the upgrade(radio). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

ericsch333
Old
Thanks Meter 11
you need to delete the radio file from the root of you sd card then you can get in to recover.

remove your sdcard
get a card reader
delete the radio file PMG05IMG.ZIP
put your sd card back in your phone
Hold the power button and the volume down at the same time to get in to bootloader.
then you should be able to get int o recover...
Galaxy S4 rooted
Check out my page I can paint anything!
http://www.facebook.com/paintmygun
http://www.paintmygun.com

wolfinator
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Eric. That's what I thought I'd have to do.. Is there anyway to mount my SD card without being able to fully turn my phone on? I have a card reader at home, but at work I just have a USB cable and my PC.

Thanks!

ThunderStick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Woke up to the update symbol. So, without hesitation - off I go into update land. I select the one with the sense 3 (love that lockscreen). Doing this through the ROM Manager.

Stuck at splash screen on reboot.

Tried again - stuck on boot animation.

Battery pull - still stuck at boot animation.

Help.

Was running 2.1.1, only wiped Dalvik

Until this, I was having a great time with your ROM.
I am checking in to this right now, MOD packs are the direction I am taking with ThunderStick GENII so this is a must for these to work.
Honestly it worked for me last night, but I think the upload got corrupt. Try re-downloading now. There was a bug in the previous download anyway that is fixed now. You will need to clear your ROM Manager cache before downloading though because the file names didn't change and ROM manage wont overwrite what is already downloaded on your SD Card.
Thanks all for your patience.

One stop shop for ROMS, MODS, APPS and DIY information
I happen to measure intelligence by the ability to live in harmony with the natural world - Capt. Paul Watson
The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderStick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marsha12151
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks. Cleared out the ROM Manager and redoing now. Will report.

Back to MAXX - Rooted - Everyday a new adventure

ThunderStick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
First boot takes a super long time, after wiping the Dalvik cache, it has to rebuild it, and at reboot is where it happens.
This is a deodexed ROM now so the cache files build as your use of the device develops. T His means you will have faster reboots the longer you use the device but on the flip side you will have a lengthy booting process on first boot.
After rebooting let it sit for about five to ten minutes.
Walk away and grab a coffee cause your gonna wanna stay up and play with your newly MODDed ThunderStick all night...

I happen to measure intelligence by the ability to live in harmony with the natural world - Capt. Paul Watson

ThunderStick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Thanks. Cleared out the ROM Manager and redoing now. Will report.
Also the Sense 3 Mod Pack will only work with GENII v2.20, sorry I need to add this to the description. This is your problem for sure. v2.1.1 does not include the necessary files to use this mod pack.

AlpineM3
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
Also the Sense 3 Mod Pack will only work with GENII v2.20, sorry I need to add this to the description. This is your problem for sure. v2.1.1 does not include the necessary files to use this mod pack.
Ok, so let me get this straight then.....Clear Cache in ROM manager before updating to 2.2.0 (If so, how does one go about doing so, settings-applications-ROM Manager clear cache?)? I just have been prompted of the update and quickly read through the complete thread to inform myself of any mishaps and what not so just trying to get it right the first time. Cache and Dalvik Cache wipe is a must also correct?

ThunderStick
Old
(Last edited by ThunderStick; 24th August 2011 at 09:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3 View Post
Ok, so let me get this straight then.....Clear Cache in ROM manager before updating to 2.2.0 (If so, how does one go about doing so, settings-applications-ROM Manager clear cache?)? I just have been prompted of the update and quickly read through the complete thread to inform myself of any mishaps and what not so just trying to get it right the first time. Cache and Dalvik Cache wipe is a must also correct?
Clearing the dalvik cache isn't the biggest deal in the world but you will be given the option when your download finishes in rom manager.

Sent from the tip of my ThunderStick on a bolt of lightning...

ThunderStick
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3 View Post
If you meant the room manager download cache then from the main menu in rom manager press the menu button. Select clear download cache. This will erase all previous downloads from rom manager.

Sent from the tip of my ThunderStick on a bolt of lightning...

The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderStick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]