【MODEMS】【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

OP Oxicottin

21st August 2011, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia
Thanks Meter: 470

488 posts
More
Hello, I have created this website to bring or try to bring all the Samsung Captivate modems to one place in hope to helps others.... If im missing some please let me know so I can post them!

If this thread helped please hit the "Thanks" button!

Quote:

MEMBERS: I appreciate what you're doing, but please link to this thread instead of directly linking to website pages so members can comment or read comments in this thread before flashing modems and as always, install at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damages.. Thanks!

Quote:

Website - 【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

Check out the *BEST WORKING MODEM LOCATIONS GOOGLE MAP* that anyone can pin
their best modem(s) that works for their area to a public Google map and when moused over it displays the modems. TRY IT!

Quote:

Here is a great website to determine what band/coverage your provider uses. Just type out your country and select your network ect. from the drop down menu.

Quote:

Which is better, 850 or 1900?

In general, you are going to get more performance out of 850 than you are going to get out of 1900 for several reasons. 1. As mentioned earlier, back when the 850 licenses were issued, they had to cover a certain amount of land cover. This required deploying their system throughout many rural areas (not ALL though). 1900 licenses only need to cover up to 67% of the population, and in many cases they don't even have to meet that. 2. The higher the frequency, the shorter the usable range. You need approximately twice as many 1900 MHz towers to cover a given area than 850 MHz towers. Most 1900 MHz towers are in urban and suburban areas. A properly built 1900 system will work as well as a properly built 850 system, but it will likely cost more to deploy and operate. Sometimes 1900 will work better in a city because 1900 MHz signals tend to work better in the middle of the city with large buildings as the shorter wavelength allows the signal to go around corners easier. Also, due to network loading, 850 towers have to be "turned down" in urban areas so as to not overload, so the playing field is leveled. 3. Leaving the technical details aside, it seems that 850 MHz signals penetrate most modern buildings better than 1900 MHz signals. There are many factors involved such as the material of the walls, the proximity of the local cell towers and various other factors. The fact that 850 MHz carriers have been in operation longer and have optimized their coverage is an important factor to consider. If there is a window nearby, chances are that either system will work, assuming that there is some sort of signal available at the window! The bottom line is this: when you try out a service, make sure you bring your phone to all the areas you'll be using to make sure it works where you need it.

I897-ICS/CM7-9/MIUI Modems that was removed from website due to no audience chip support for these ROMS. Note: Makes the other person on the line complain because your all static....
Last edited by Oxicottin; 18th February 2012 at 05:24 PM.
The Following 230 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2011, 03:17 AM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 1,997

4,276 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Good work oxi bro. Really helpful. Hope u update the site whenever there is a new modem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2011, 03:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

488 posts
More
Thanks watsa I hope if someone see's anymore modems they notify me.... Or if someone wants to see instruction on how to do something I can post it on the site as well.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2011, 05:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

177 posts
More
This is very useful, Oxi, thank you. Would you mind putting a matrix of which modems work with which versions of Android? I see you have the JL1 modem in your sig, and I was thinking the only ones I could safely use with Cog5v2 were K-series. Some clarity on this would help me a lot. Thanks again, nice work!
21st August 2011, 06:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

488 posts
More
As far as I know as long as its a 1897 modem then you can use it in the I897 Cognition ROM. I'm running the Cog 5 v2 with the JL1 modem and it works the best for me in my area. I have awesome battery life and most of the time full bars and the download speeds isn't to bad.

If I helped you please hit the "Thanks" button...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2011, 07:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

78 posts
Is the link broken? Can't access it through my phone using tapatalk.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
21st August 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstern

Is the link broken? Can't access it through my phone using tapatalk.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I was on the site moving a few things. I tried to create a drop down menu for the modems but it seems the browser didn't like it so I changed it back. Try again it should work correctly now. I tried it on my XDA app and it worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2011, 02:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 35

1,027 posts
More
Sweet. Great work, thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
22nd August 2011, 02:30 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 131

332 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Thanks for the great work! Any chance of having some type of dates assioated with the modems so there would be a way of knowing the newer from the older ones?
22nd August 2011, 04:45 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,360

5,547 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any chance you might do the same thing for CM7/MIUI modems?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread