5,600,612 Members 34,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Module Loader 1.1

Tip us?

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
(Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 11th December 2012 at 10:11 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15733

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][2.2+] Module Loader 1.1

This app it's made for those people that it's bored of loading manually .ko's on their phones, or even bored of having some extra weight on their systems folders.
Basically, this apps can read modules on system, sdcard, or any folder, and load. Also have an option for load on boot.
This app was created and it's working on Xperia X10 mini pro, I'll need feedback from all devices.

@Mini pro users: Now you can easily choose what modules do you want to use, and just ignore what you doesn't!

No compatible with APP2SD!

Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	123.JPG
Views:	38965
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	696270   Click image for larger version

Name:	1233.JPG
Views:	36587
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	696271   Click image for larger version

Name:	123423.JPG
Views:	38749
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	696272  
Attached Files
File Type: apk ModuleLoader-release.apk - [Click for QR Code] (44.2 KB, 17821 views)
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
(Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 28th August 2011 at 05:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15733

DONATE TO ME
28.08.2011 - 1.1
Fixed wrong onConfigChanged receiver. This will reduce battery usage, and increase performance

21.08.2011 - 1.0
First Release, expecting tests from users with other devices.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anon67
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Good one !!
If my posts helps you , please give me a thumbs up and click on the thanks button!

Eyama
Old
Thanks Meter 1272
thanks for this app working like charm
your the man
My phones:
Main: iPhone 4S IOS 5.1 (waiting for jailbreak)
Second (for dev): X10 mini pro

Xperia X10 mini pro

Rom: Flame.E based on cm7 nightly

Port: GingerDX by doixanh and port by me

If I was useful with my post you can click on THANKS button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eyama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DanielFran
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Very nice tool, working fine!

Thanks

Sent from my U20i using XDA App
Press "THANKS", if I helped you!?!

X10 Mini Pro

Snoopo
Old
(Last edited by Snoopo; 22nd August 2011 at 12:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 242
Can you reproduce following issue? :

- place x8uv.ko, x8oc.ko, x8mddi.ko, mt.ko, ax8_smartass.ko to /sdcard/modules/ (yeah, create folder 'modules' on sdcard)
- start app
- go to settings and disable "load on boot"
- go to "SDcard modules" and choose one or more modules and hit "save selection"
- hit the back button on your ohone
- go to "SDcard modules" again : Are the Modules now disabled?

I guess finding out what causes this may help us also why the modules are not loadded after reboot although "load on boot" is enabled.

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
(Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 22nd August 2011 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15733

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopo View Post
Can you reproduce following issue? :

- place x8uv.ko, x8oc.ko, x8mddi.ko, mt.ko, ax8_smartass.ko to /sdcard/modules/ (yeah, create folder 'modules' on sdcard)
- start app
- go to settings and disable "load on boot"
- go to "SDcard modules" and choose one or more modules and hit "save selection"
- hit the back button on your ohone
- go to "SDcard modules" again : Are the Modules now disabled?

I guess finding out what causes this may help us also why the modules are not loadded after reboot although "load on boot" is enabled.
That it's not a issue, because if you disable Load on boot, it just temporally insmod modules, so how will it save a list, if you're temporally enabling ?
Also reboot thing maybe because app it's stored on SD, please move to /data/app instead. Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snoopo
Old
Thanks Meter 242
That is what I am clear about. But then it's possibly irritating because I expect following behaviour:
If I have "load on boot" (LOB) disabled I expect it's enabled as long my phone is running. ans thus Any time I start the app on the same uptime I see these modules checked. But currently they are only checked once and after restarting the app (on SAME uptime) they seem unchecked. After reboot they are unchecked as expected.
If I have LOB enabled. I expect that the loaded modules keep checked at the same uptime AS WELL AS after reboot. but they only keep checked on same uptime not after reboot.

As I could test: It is possibly a permission problem. I placed the modules I like to load to /system/modules and gave them root:system 0755. Weirdly they do not remain on System Modules (huh?) but I added them by "Another Path" and this works.

Where do you place your modules on sdcard and what permisssions do they have?

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
Thanks Meter 15733

DONATE TO ME
I simply copy them with default permissions, Module Loader chmods to 777 before insmoding

aZuZu
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 919
This apk is usefull... maybe you should merge your hw_config editor with this and make like module loader + configurator tool thing imagine how usefull would be that?
Bug report for all my applications.
My ROM: X10 Mini: SE Stock 2.1 C0
My ROM: X10: SE Stock 2.3.3 - Rooted.
aZuZu Small Tools 4 SE

FreeXperia Team

Damn I wonder... People with WildFire... How they feel when you say to them "DON'T BE A BUZZ KILLER!"
What goes on four legs in the morning, on two legs at noon, and on three legs in the evening? w** is that?