Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The HP Touchpad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation

Tip us?

lkwan78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i'm not able to create a new account... I use to have a palm pre and i can't login with that account either.

help...

zefyx
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkwan78 View Post
i'm not able to create a new account... I use to have a palm pre and i can't login with that account either.

help...
It would seem that an unverified report from multiple sources are stating that HP has released the registration lock on all demo units, rendering the Impostah & activation bypass moot. All that needs to be done is a refresh of the system software using the retail webOS 3.0.2 doctor. At this point, you should be able to treat your TouchPad as a retail unit.

lkwan78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nope still not working...

zeyfx,

Nope I tried many times last night, and i just tried again while at work.

I have already run the webos doctor3.02, but i'm still not able to create an account.

the error at the bottom is pams9999

rscaptainchris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaguy055 View Post
I am getting a error code of PAMS9999 "Generic Fault" when I try to register an existing account or set-up a new one on my touchpad. I have tried after the doctor, and followed the additional steps for the full hack, but I still am unable to set-up any webos accounts on the device.

Any suggestion??
ditto

lu270bro
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Where does one score a demo unit? I just tried the local walmart and the electronics mngr. shot me down, gave me the line 'gotta return it to HP.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
LTE Galaxy Nexus
HTC Thunderbolt- sold
Droid X- retired/sold
The OG- in standby mode

nfusion77
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu270bro View Post
Where does one score a demo unit? I just tried the local walmart and the electronics mngr. shot me down, gave me the line 'gotta return it to HP.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
I work for a retail outlet and the reason most stores cannot sell the demo units is because HP sent special units just for demo, in our store when we go to sell it the price comes up at $9,999. We did have a visit from our hp rep today and he told me to get it out of demo mode you can type in #demo##. Im not able to test it so I have no idea if it actually works just thought i would pass that along.

1miracle2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default crude

this isn't working for me
getting PAMS3041 when trying to create new profile

when I try to sign in using my wife's profile I get PAMS9994

UGH!
Suggestions anyone?

Vert1c4l
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1miracle2 View Post
this isn't working for me
getting PAMS3041 when trying to create new profile

when I try to sign in using my wife's profile I get PAMS9994

UGH!
Suggestions anyone?
Same problem here, I get PAMS3014, and I found out this means invalid product ID, no product SKU. Now im stuck.

1miracle2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wonder if they blocked us again?

mplacido9
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Working Solution

I posted this over at Pre Central (my account name there is jovo55) and figured I should post it here also for everyone at XDA.

I think I might have solved the problem.

I followed the instructions in the OP and was still getting the error when trying to register a new webOS account even with Impostah. I decided to just play around with Preware and Impostah and see what stuff could be done to the touchpad. While doing so, I think I figured out how to get Impostah to register a webOS account on a demo touchpad.

These are the steps I did:

1. Follow the steps in the OP exactly. (Thanks bluepoint951)

2. When you reach the point that Impostah fails to register your new webOS account reboot your touchpad. (See OP for reboot instructions)

3. Open Preware and add the testing feeds for the touchpad (armv7) (Instructions here: www(dot)webos-internals(dot)org/wiki/Testing_Feeds ) *Sorry but xda won't allow me to post the hyperlink*

4. Tap Preware menu in top left corner and then choose "Update Feeds".

5. After feeds update, tap the magnifying glass at the top right.

6. Search for "Device Profile Service Override" (without the quotes) and install.

7. After install reboot your touchpad again.

8. After startup run Impostah again and activate a new account.

That's it. You should now get a successful activation with Impostah. You'll now have full access to the HP App Catalog and everything else that comes with having a webOS account.

I hope that helps everyone out. If you have any issues still, post them. I'll try and help.

Good luck everyone.

-Jovo55 (aka mplacido9 at xda)

Tags
bypass activation, demo, palms3036, reset, touchpad