Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD]Droid X2 SD Storage flip-flop - SD 2 Internal/Internal 2 SD (Updated 8/22/2011)

OP navenedrob

22nd August 2011, 07:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kannapolis, NC
Thanks Meter: 493

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Droid X2 SD Storage Flip-Flop

So what is a SD storage flip-flop? Basically what this mod does is switch SD storage to internal storage, or internal storage to SD storage. Why is this beneficial? Well, on the Droid X2 in its stock form, your actual SD card (the one you put in the phone by hand) is not mounted in the "correct" file system space by default. This screws a lot of things up e.g. trying to install a Gameloft game which ends up installing on the internal MMC, or general system files getting stored on the internal MMC. This mod fixes that issue and puts everything on your actual SD card like usual. Technically, the internal MMC is faster to access than your SD card, so it makes sense why Motorola made it this way, but from a user standpoint it doesn't make much sense, at least, to me.

This can be flashed in BSR recovery. To check if it works, look at your SD storage menu in your Settings. If they flip after flashing the ZIP, it works.

Quote:

WARNING: This will switch your SD card configuration. Your SD Storage will become your Internal Storage if you flash the zip. You can return to a "normal" configuration by flashing the second links. If you do a factory data reset, REMEMBER that your SD card configuration has been flipped, since there are check boxes allowing you to format your SD card / internal storage - Choose the right one! Also, there are general BLUR application settings that might need to be changed e.g. Blur Camera storage area. Just remember that the storage terminology will be flipped.

Apps2SD FIX Update 8/22/2011 - fixed bug with apps2sd feature

SD storage 2 internal storage
Install this to make your SD card mount in the "right" place

DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/5NP2UML0QM
MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?av1ihnag7yzcaim

Internal storage 2 SD storage
Install this to return to a "like stock" configuration.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.multiupload.com/ZQPIDP6GV0
MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/?tx0micqr4x54wbt
Last edited by navenedrob; 13th September 2011 at 03:22 AM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to navenedrob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2011, 01:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Palmdale
Thanks Meter: 20

185 posts
More
This is something that has bothered me since day 1 of owning an X, thank you so much for this!
22nd August 2011, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 201

1,540 posts
More
I did this in june using some tweaks that were posted on here, and it made my phone reboot when connected to USB mass storage. Have you tested that by chance?

Btw, love all the tweaks you're giving us

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App
22nd August 2011, 05:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 47

335 posts
More
Just flashed & my storage is switched. Was quick & painless lol Thanks for the goodies you bring us
22nd August 2011, 06:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
I have tried this and my phone did not reboot when connected to a computer via Usb mass storage. Works great.
22nd August 2011, 09:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kannapolis, NC

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRocker

This is something that has bothered me since day 1 of owning an X, thank you so much for this!

Yeah it really bothered me too. I was trying to install games to test out the Tegra chip (since it is so awesome), and it kept downloading everything to the phone. Kind of silly, there is only 4gb free there, and one game could be 1gb. That doesn't make much sense. So here we are
The Following User Says Thank You to navenedrob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2011, 12:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kannapolis, NC

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated SD 2 Internal download links. If you are using this mod then please re-download for the app2sd fix. There was a bug where if you moved an app to sd card it would break on reboot. Now apps move to internal MMC but data is read from the SD card. Best of both worlds
The Following User Says Thank You to navenedrob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2011, 04:28 AM   |  #8  
Flag ga.
Thanks Meter: 27

341 posts
More
Thank u lots
23rd August 2011, 07:09 AM   |  #9  
Flag Plano, TX
Thanks Meter: 47

512 posts
More