Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA - is it out today?

Tip us?
 
Jeff_in_LA
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 157
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default OTA - is it out today?

Did anyone get the OTA that was supposed to be Aug 22nd?

The Silent call issue is really bothering me, it messed me up a few times for work.

Thanks
Jeff
 
acjohnson55
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 37
Join Date: Feb 2010
I sure hope so! The silent call issue is killing me too. I may return this thing if the OTA doesn't fix it
 
DualSportDad
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 481
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Coral, Fl.
nothing here. i thought it was supposed to be today as well. i don't have the silent call issue so i can wait, better battery life would be nice though.
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7



Past devices:
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment
 
jfenton57
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 342
Join Date: Aug 2010
According to a post I saw on MOTO's website, there is no official OTA released yet
 
daddymikey1975
Old
#5  
daddymikey1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 1,046
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_LA View Post
Did anyone get the OTA that was supposed to be Aug 22nd?

The Silent call issue is really bothering me, it messed me up a few times for work.

Thanks
Jeff
try removing your SIM card.. I've read that it helps alleviate this issue.
 
FrameCityJackal
Old
#6  
FrameCityJackal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 211
Posts: 1,330
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus
You guys are still having these issues even after the last leaked update we had?
I haven't too out my sim but I haven't gotten any silent calls in a while just people not being able to hear me on the other line...
Help me pay off my student loans please
http://www.gofundme.com/8hr6jc
 
blues2009
Old
#7  
blues2009's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
try removing your SIM card.. I've read that it helps alleviate this issue.
Removing sim didnt work for me.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App
 
Jeff_in_LA
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 157
Join Date: Dec 2008
I tried every posted solution, nothing has worked.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App
 
jfenton57
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 342
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posted a short while ago from Mark, the forum manager on Motorolas own owners forums......

"No such thing as MR3 or MR5 at this point. We've not even done a first MR on this phone."

I don't know how that's possible given that all 3 I went through had an MR1 installed on them unless that's the base build.

Assuming that Mark is trully someone official, this is not good news folks.
 
tx_dbs_tx
Old
#10  
tx_dbs_tx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 462
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton57 View Post
Posted a short while ago from Mark, the forum manager on Motorolas own owners forums......

"No such thing as MR3 or MR5 at this point. We've not even done a first MR on this phone."

I don't know how that's possible given that all 3 I went through had an MR1 installed on them unless that's the base build.

Assuming that Mark is trully someone official, this is not good news folks.
He sounds clueless. If he knew ANYTHING about the software versions he would have instead said that MR1 was the original release and no future versions were available right now. Or else there was a miscommunication between you two.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes