XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Typical price for a R800a

Tip us?

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Typical price for a R800a

Hey guys. I was planning on picking up a r800a. This may sound like a silly question but what is considered a good price for these? I've been checking out different sellers online and I've seen prices as high as $600. I know that a few of you have picked up from private sellers. Would you mind telling me the price you paid? If you don't want to post in this thread you can PM me. Thanks a lot!

The_Newtype
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krillin View Post
Hey guys. I was planning on picking up a r800a. This may sound like a silly question but what is considered a good price for these? I've been checking out different sellers online and I've seen prices as high as $600. I know that a few of you have picked up from private sellers. Would you mind telling me the price you paid? If you don't want to post in this thread you can PM me. Thanks a lot!
I personally picked a new one up around two months ago for around $500, but I believe the phone is worth about $400-$450 now (in mint condition with all accessories + some extras). $600 is a little steep for this device at this stage in the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Newtype For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Newtype View Post
I personally picked a new one up around two months ago for around $500, but I believe the phone is worth about $400-$450 now (in mint condition with all accessories + some extras). $600 is a little steep for this device at this stage in the game.
Thanks for the info. Is there any difference between the r800a from Canada (rogers) vs the r800a from the Google IO conference?

Deoxlar
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Don't buy from private seller of its going to cost that much... Warranty is way better when you buy from big companies. Any problems, they let you change and refund without hassle.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxlar View Post
Don't buy from private seller of its going to cost that much... Warranty is way better when you buy from big companies. Any problems, they let you change and refund without hassle.

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.
Don't worry, I won't.

sdlaurin
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Dont buy the r800a rogers model they are factory locked
The Following User Says Thank You to sdlaurin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlaurin View Post
Dont buy the r800a rogers model they are factory locked
I thought I read somewhere that it can be unlocked to work with ATT? Well, it doesn't matter, I just picked up the dev model from someone that attended the Google I/O conference. I turned it on but haven't really used it yet. I'm waiting for my phantom skinz protector to arrive.

sdlaurin
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Sorry i mean the bootloader is factory locked. Still a good phone but only half as good as unlockable plays. Rogers phone = no custom roms, no overclocking, no custom kernals.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdlaurin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krillin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlaurin View Post
Sorry i mean the bootloader is factory locked. Still a good phone but only half as good as unlockable plays. Rogers phone = no custom roms, no overclocking, no custom kernals.
Wow. I guess I lucked out then. I almost bought the Rogers version. Hmm... I could have sworn that the bootloader was unlockable though. I don't plan on rooting any time soon so I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

thatsupnow
Old
Thanks Meter 325
there is a way to unlock rogers bootloader already its not free but whatever its not that big a deal and plus Ive read around the arc forum that Blagus is working on a way to unlock too for factory bootloader locked phones he also said it wouldnt be free but it would be really cheap. so yea thats where that sits check arc forum lots have done it already and more are about to do it