The actual color is of no consequence its just an artistic touch the dev adds to the recovery kernel.
I only know of 2 working versions for our phone:
CWM 2.5.x - Cyan in color works with Eclair 2.1 and may work with Froyo 2.2 to install Amend scripting zip files.
CWM 3.x.x - Yellow in color works with Froyo 2.2+ and is not backwards compatible and uses Edify scripting.
- You cannot use 2 different recovery kernels at once.
- You must use the kernel that is compatible with the verison of Android your phone is running.
- You must use the update.zip file that is appropriate for the verison of Recovery you would like to use. The ARE NOT interchangable (Not in my experience anyway)
- Pay attention to the Recovery version numbers and not the colors. The devs can make it any color they want.
- CWM Recovery version 3.x.x introduces 'edify' which is explained in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77886#11796508
All credit goes to Adryn (kernel) and imnuts (update.zip) I'm just providing the proper venue.
Lucky for you I'm not one of those guys thats gonna tell you to search. You've probably been searching all f'in day with no answers. I understand your pain.
I havent tried any of the softkey mods but I will right now and see if I get the same results as you. Ill post back with the results.
Are you on Froyo or Eclair? That is gonna be the deciding factor on why things are or ARE NOT working for you.
Ok I tried installing one of the softkey mods with CWM 3.x.x (Yellow) and it failed giving me the edify script error.
I usually recieve this error when I try to install Eclair with the 3.x.x (Yellow) recovery.
Please see the Softkey Theme thread for further info. I do not want to pollute this thread with anything but recovery questions.