[ROM] LinuxBozo's Galaxy ROM Hellraiser 1.0 (11-02-2011) [BUGS/DEV ONLY]
Welcome to a new and sick, twisted world
Ever wish you could take one of those nice shiny GalaxyS (i9000) ROMs and flash it to your lovely Infuse? Well now you CAN! Yes, I say GO AHEAD and flash away. With LinuxBozo's magic Hellraiser, you can raise a little hell with any JVQ based i9000 ROM on your Infuse.
How's it work?
PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible if something goes wrong. Seriously. If you don't flash Hellraiser correctly, you can be left with a phone that needs to be returned to stock with Odin or Heimdall. If you don't know how to do this, this is not for you.
- Select any JVQ based ROM for the i9000. If you don't know what this is, then this is not for you.
- Push your selected ROM to your /sdcard
- Download Hellraiser below
- Push Hellraiser to your /sdcard
- Reboot into Recovery (RED RECOVERY PREFERRED)
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Flash your chosen JVQ ROM
- Flash Hellraiser immediately after
- Reboot and enjoy your JVQ ROM goodness
- Do I need to disable Voodoo Lagfix?
- Can I flash JVO/JVP/JVR/JVS ROMs as well?
- You should be able to possibly, but I only tested with JVQ. So you are on your own there.
- Can I flash i9000 Kernels with this?
- Can I flash other Infuse Kernels, like Infusion to get OC/UV?
- Can I flash i9000 CM7 or MIUI with this?
- NO. This will only work with Samsung based ROMs
- Can I flash Samsung based Captivate/Vibrant ROMs as well?
- This has been reported to work by at least one user. Make sure it's Samsung Gingerbread based.
- Which ROM do you recommend?
- Which one you choose really is a matter of preference. However, I tested with:
- How does this work behind the scenes? How is this even possible?
- What Hellraiser does is flash in appropriate hardware libraries and userspace applications, and the Infuse specific modem (UCKE3) and kernel. This allows the existing i9000 ROM to work on the Infuse all while still thinking it's an i9000, but addressing the Infuse hardware.
Any other questions? For answers go to: [ Q&A ]
- First phone call after a boot will not have sound. Any calls after that are fine. Toggling speakerphone mode seems to fix this immediately.
- Using the Market may make data drop if you are not on Wifi. Simply toggling Airplane Mode, and back again will bring data back.
Like what I've done here? Consider a small donation to my beer fund. ;)
Ok, now that you've thought about it, go ahead and [ DOWNLOAD 1.0
Having trouble with 1.0? Here's [ Beta6
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin
saved your Infuse life? Or just like my work?
_______ Send me a Beer or a Kindle Book ________
[ My GitHub
] - [ Infuse CM7 GitHub
] - [ Twitter