[CF-Root-S5830 3.7] CF-Root adaptation for Froyo
-------- 29/08/2011 --------
update.zip (19.61 MB)
- ext4 support bugfix
- BLN support
- Only use busybox in /sbin. Now, no one can break CF-Root's busybox.
- Fix some script in /system/bin reported does not work with CF-Root (am, bmgr, ime, input, monkey, pm, and svc).
With deodexed /system/app and /system/framework, USB and WiFi tethering failed to start. Restoring back /system backup, resolve the problem
Is a wise choice to make a nandroid backup before doing filesystem conversion using ext4 Manager
-------- 26/08/2011 --------
update.zip (19.94 MB)
Have a critical bug in init.rc, do not use this for ext2/3/4 fs.
Big thanks to ilarrain and koush! Using ilarrain's patch for pm2.c
, now I can use my own compiled kernel for CWM4 without recovery boot loop
- CWM v18.104.22.168, ext4 support
- Auto install CF-Root after update, no need to delete /system/cfroot manually
Zeam Home Screen
CPU Spy Info
-------- 24/08/2011 --------
update.zip (12.57 MB)
- Using the latest smartass, interactive, and interactiveX source from erasmux
- Fix bug with cpufreq stats, now the CPU Spy can display the CPU Time In State. Possible problems associated with SOD because CPU frequency is too low. May be Sleep Of Death starting from Sleep tO Deep
Remove cfroot directory in /system to force reinstall CF-Root!
-------- 23/08/2011 --------
I am planning to upgrade to official Indonesia Gingerbread (2.3.4 DXKP9), so I have to flash my device to Froyo. But before go to Samsung Service Center, I tried the implementation of CF-Root in Froyo and here's the result:
update.zip (12.46 MB)
Flash it using Galaxy Ace standard recovery.
It has been tested on Froyo DXKC1 and may not be problematic in other Froyo. Everything at your own risk
Almost same as CF-Root for Gingerbread, except:
- No tiny RCU implementation
- Have smartass and interactive CPU governer, thanks to psyke83 from http://www.madteam.co/
- Default have 32MB zram swap, thanks to psyke83
- Android Scribble 2.0 boot animation from here
, thanks to GLa'DOS
- No BLN support
- The CWM part no ready yet
To enabling smartass governer:
propset persist.tweak.gov_smartass enabled
To disabling smartass governer and back to ondemand governer:
propset persist.tweak.gov_smartass disabled