Tasker Profiles and Tasks for the Continuum?
Is anyone in the Samsung Continuum forum interested in tasker profiles specifically for the Continuum? I have several that I use and am willing to post. Over the last 60 days or so... (I've only have the Continuum for 60 days?!?!?! Damn!) I have used Tasker profiles almost since day one. The problem that I found, while reading the tasker wiki and other tasker posts, was that many of the tasks and profiles needed to be modified to work with the Continuum, and some would not work at all.
So, I set about teaching myself how to tasker... I figured I have a rudimentary background in programming (although it is 20+ years old), and I do bash and perl and Windows command line scripting, so why not? It can't really be that difficult... (You know, every time I tell myself that, I should just walk away...) I am still learning and am interested in what others have as well...
1. WIFI on at home and work and off everywhere else. This uses WIFI Near and Cell Near contexts.
2. Sunrise/Sunset. This goes out and retrieves the sunrise and sunset times for the current day. It uses the HTTP Get context, GPS Location context, multiple variable sets and splits, and finally sets the variables %SUNRISE and %SUNSET with the time in 24 hour format. It also writes these times out to two separate files. It's not necessary, however, I thought that I might need the files for something... what, I don't know yet.
I have this run every day at 04:00 to set that day's sunrise and sunset times; primarily for the next profile.
3. Power profile. This uses the variables, %SUNRISE and %SUNSET, that were set in the previous profile. It then compares the current time to both. If the time is between sunrise and sunset, then it activates the Daytime profile. If it is from sunset to sunrise, then it activates the Nighttime profile. Exit task runs DisplayLockOn.
4. Daytime profile. Turns Auto Brightness off. Changes Display Brightness to 200. Stay On with AC or USB power. Never sleeps WIFI. Keyguard is OFF.
5. Nighttime profile. Sets Initial Brightness to 60 (I don't think this has any real effect with Auto Brightness on). Turns on Auto Brightness.
6. DisplayLockOn. Sets Auto Brightness to ON. Sets Stay On to NEVER. Turns Keyguard on. Sets WIFI Sleep to DEFAULT.
7. Incoming call during the day sets brightness to full. Uses the same Sunrise/Sunset context.
8. Locate phone by SMS. Send a keyword SMS to the phone and it replies with it's location on Google Maps.
9. Locate phone by Sound. Send a keyword SMS to the phone and it "screams" so I can locate it in the house.
10. ReadIncomingSMSMessage. If the volume is set to something other than vibrate or silent, it will read the incoming SMS message.
11 and more. I have other contexts that allow me to turn haptic feedback off by a widget, turn screen rotation on/off by a widget (which isn't really needed with the Froyo build because the button is in the status menu pull down). I have a couple of launcher menus that launch from a widget or a shortcut. I had one that announced the incoming caller ID, however, it doesn't quite work, and then I found the Accessibility setting that announces the caller, so haven't put any more work into the tasker task.
If there is interest in this thread , I willl post each of my tasker profiles and tasks for each of the ones I've listed (and probably add more
). If you would rather have "step-throughs", let me know that too. So, let's TASKER!