[rom] aosp (wip)
I noticed there was no active development that was trying to get the standard AOSP build working, which I really would like to use as my day to day ROM....so I decided to give it a shot. Feel free to help
I use the Ninphetamine kernel and a clockwork recovery initramfs. The initramfs has been altered and will not boot with other ones. This is because of a missing socket that the older init.rc doesn't make.
I'll be using the next post to describe what I'm working on and update it with any useful info I find.
Currently it's in an unusable state, here's where it stands:
- Making calls
- Internet (Data Connection)
- Note: When you open browser, it will crash because google's home page try's to use location services, you need to navigate away quickly in order for it not to crash.
- Proximity Sensor
- Internal Storage
- microSD Storage
- USB Transfer with Internal Storage
Not Working (yet)
- Other Sensors
- TV Out (doubtful)
- WiFi (don't even turn this on, it will reboot endlessly) <-- working on it
- USB Transfer with microSD (not a huge priority)
I know that cyanogenmod is pretty darn close to AOSP and that I'm duplicating work, but I'm doing it anyways.
If you want to try it out: