Screenshots (I took these when I was in an area with no Verizon service, sorry...)
Introducing Magnolia for the Incredible 2. This is a mostly Sense 2.1 Gingerbread ROM with a few 3.0 elements added. It has many customizations and features to make you phone visually appealing and convenient to use. I sincerely hope you enjoy the ROM!
- Based on the Official 3.02.605.1 OTA;
- Uses jcase's OC kernel;
- Added Sense 3.0 lockscreen, USB connection menu, and camera (thanks to newtoroot for his ROMs, whose ROMs I pulled apart to learn how to get these to work);
- Matte sense skin ("Magnolia" in skin picker), most of the "shiny" elements of sense UI have been matted for a more refined look;
- Modded Friendstream, News and Twitter widgets to replace the (imho) hideous stock ones;
- All apps Rosie button opens Maxim's AppFolders, a truly customizable and usable app drawer replacement (stock app drawer version available at bottom of post. Just backup and flash the zip. It's nothing fancy now, but I will make it pretty & depaginated soon);
- Extra settings enabled in Quick Settings menu;
- Right button mapped to browser (more mappings to come);
- 4-in-1 power menu;
- Location and ADB statusbar icons hidden;
- Percentage battery mod by chrisDDD;
- Recent apps bar hidden and notifications pull down themed to fit Magnolia skin look;
- Custom dialer
- Speed and stability tweaks for smooth, snappy and stable performance;
- Most apps commonly considered bloatware removed, with some handy apps added (e.g., Netflix, Google Voice, Astro, XDA, ROM Manager);
- Removed HTC Car Panel and added Google CarHome;
- Mor I am sure I forgot and much more to come...
- The kernel defaults to 1.6 ghz, if you experience lockups, please use a CPU control app to turn the speed down. The next release will default to 1ghz.
- Some elements still need to be themed.
ATTENTION: This ROM has been tested by me and others, but, like all custom ROMs, it mat have bugs or other issues I do not know about. Accordingly, you flash the ROM at your own risk, and I accept NO responsibility for any consequences that may arise for you, your phone or others as a result of flashing and/or using this ROM.
- MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP of your current ROM;
- Download Magnolia here: http://bit.ly/ncZeck
- Do a full wipe (factory data reset and format cache). If you do not perform a full wipe, you may experience bugs/issues, please do not post them;
- Flash via ROM Manager or CWM Recovery;
- Reboot and let it load up;
- Go to menu-->personalize-->skins and select "Magnolia" skin and apply;
- While this ROM runs fine without a CPU manager, you need one to overclock. I use SetCPU at 1.267/245.
- Leave feedback if you encounter bugs, things that can be improved.
Thanks & Credits
- rmk for his stock ROM;
- jcase for the kernel;
- chrisDDD for the battery icons;
- Maxim for his wonderful AppFolders program;
- newtoroot for his ROMs, which I pulled apart to learn how to integrate the Sense 3.0 elements;
- Adyenalyn for his ROM, which I pulled apart to figure out how to setup the extra Quick Settings;
- If I forgot anyone, it was unintentional, and a PM will see the situation remedied...
Hope you enjoy the ROM!