FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

AndroidGuy31 touchpad youtube vid was a fake

Thanks Meter: 105
 
By dubie76, Senior Member on 24th August 2011, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guy who posted a few days ago that he was going to release Android on touchpad instuctions via youtube faked it. Today he posted a new video ending in "go buy an Ipad". The whole thing was a setup.

Kinda crappy if you asked me.

Here is his channel. I say everyone give him a thumbs down.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AndroidGuy31
Last edited by dubie76; 25th August 2011 at 01:06 PM.
 
 
24th August 2011, 07:00 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
OMFG.......I was so excited about this and now...........sigh.......
24th August 2011, 07:45 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
let's not be so darn absolute
that was one user not indicative of any users on rootzwiki who do have natively running android versions on their touchpad thanks to qualcomm

the title is very misleading
24th August 2011, 07:57 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
The guy was full of BS from day one. He had no proof unlike the guy who has actual video (3 in fact) showing android running on his TP. A good dev should be able to rip that thing apart and get what we need to build an android os. I'm just glad that tablet ended up in the hands of someone who knew it was special. It could have been given to a 6 year old girl to watch Barbie movies on and parents who would not know the difference. Can you imagine if it fell into the hands of Tosh? FOURRRRRRRR!
The Following User Says Thank You to bug splat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2011, 08:58 PM |#5  
dubie76's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domineus

let's not be so darn absolute
that was one user not indicative of any users on rootzwiki who do have natively running android versions on their touchpad thanks to qualcomm

the title is very misleading

Nothing was absolute. My post was about the idiot who scammed everyone. Not anyone on rootzwiki.

Btw, I changed title just for you.
Last edited by dubie76; 24th August 2011 at 09:00 PM.
24th August 2011, 11:16 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 80
 
More
haha i knew that first video was BS

there's no way a dev would go through the effort of making a stupid teaser video without showing off ANY of their work.
25th August 2011, 12:37 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Drawing and quartering is too good for that AndroidGuy31 person. He's probably been hacked so many times he's regretting leading folks on though at this point.
Last edited by Pasenger57; 25th August 2011 at 12:42 AM.
25th August 2011, 10:32 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
This thread title is a bit misleading. Edit?

On day 1 there were no less than 2-3 videos showing android running on the Touchpad. While a few called fake at the top of their lungs (and this android31 guy or whatever seems to be fake as hell) the other video was 100% legit.

Qualcomm Innovations apparently was using blank Touchpads as a work platform for software testing for an upcoming HTC tablet with very similar specs. Meaning they had a nearly fully functional port of android running on it. A number of these have made it out to the market somehow in this firesale, and at least one guy in TX has already posted willing to upload an image of his build.

edit for links:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327&page=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLZHH50V7
25th August 2011, 12:08 PM |#9  
dubie76's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker6705

This thread title is a bit misleading. Edit?

On day 1 there were no less than 2-3 videos showing android running on the Touchpad. While a few called fake at the top of their lungs (and this android31 guy or whatever seems to be fake as hell) the other video was 100% legit.

Qualcomm Innovations apparently was using blank Touchpads as a work platform for software testing for an upcoming HTC tablet with very similar specs. Meaning they had a nearly fully functional port of android running on it. A number of these have made it out to the market somehow in this firesale, and at least one guy in TX has already posted willing to upload an image of his build.

edit for links:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3327&page=6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLZHH50V7


Im not changing the title every time someone thinks its misleading. Thats why you open it and READ it. I posted a link to the video I am refering to in my OP.
25th August 2011, 12:25 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie76

Im not changing the title every time someone thinks its misleading. Thats why you open it and READ it. I posted a link to the video I am refering to in my OP.

Your title makes it sound like there is just one video out there making this claim. That's the only reason I took issue with it, because it misleads people slightly. Someone just cross-posted in the thread I just made about the qualcomm port saying offhand that the other two videos I was discussing were faked. I don't think they are, and in any case they're entirely different from the video you're talking about.

AndroidGuy31 made a fake vid. More impressive is that there are now 3 videos of a functional android 2.2.1 port on youtube, one android touchpad listed on ebay, and one guy offering to image his for the community on a dev board. So either 3 people all spontaneously decided to hoax people with the same Android builds and situations, or maybe HP really did let some of the QI tablets out into the wild during this firesale, during which their shipping could barely handle demand. I really don't think the guys at the HP warehouses were paying attention what stack the box came from.

It's your thread though, I won't bring it up again. Just figured I'd ask since it'd be helpful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes