Mango Internet Sharing/Tethering - Omnia 7/Focus Tutorial Added to OP
Originally Posted by OndraSter
So, the full tuto goes something like this:
1. Remove (uninstall) Network Profile application and remove any APN you set up in settings -> cellular.
2. InterOP-unlock your device (Heathcliff)
3. Install DiagProvXML app
3. Using Isolated Storage Explorer deploy enclosed provxml files
4. Install the xml files in this order: hotspot, hotspot1, mxip_hotspotconfig_01, EnableAutoDataConfig
4b. Check in settings that you can now see Internet Sharing between Bluetooth and accounts!
6. Deploy WP7 Root Tools (Heathcliff)
7. Now launch Root Tools and go to Local Machine -> Comm -> InternetSharing and manualy add:
8. Clear "CellularConnectionName" (aka set to empty)
and you can go to settings -> Internet Sharing and start it up
// Oh and I had some problems with it when system was set to CZECH. When I HRed and did the same process in English, it worked fine ?!.
// You can also try my all-in-one provxml file on http://wp7.ondraster.cz/all.7z - deploy it via the Isolated Storage Explorer to the diagprovxml application and after running it, reboot the phone. I am not testing it, I already reset my phoe 5 times today. Sorry
See OndraSter's post for the file. Click the little arrow next to his name above in the quote.
Originally Posted by boredtoday
a small step by step instructions i made for all of us newbies in this thread (all credits go to OndraSter):
FIRST THINGS FIRST
You need a developer unlocked Omnia 7 / Focus on Mango
4. Using Isolated Storage Explorer deploy enclosed provxml files in hs.zip
4.a to do this: run Isolated storage explorer on your PC with your device plugged in and screen-unlocked. (DiagProvXML does not need to be running on your phone)
4.b paste this value on Product GUID text box: 566814df-f6b6-4154-8be5-9e65dce907c0
4.c click GET DATA button and save on your desktop.
4.d open the downloaded folder and paste there the 4 xml files from hs.zip
4.e click the Upload folder to Isolated Storage and select the same folder you just worked on, and upload!
5. Run DiagProvXML on your phone, swipe to ISO Store and you should see the xml files, hold and click execute on each one following this order: hotspot, hotspot1, mxip_hotspotconfig_01, EnableAutoDataConfig.
6. Check in settings that you can now see Internet Sharing between Bluetooth and accounts!
8. Deploy WP7 Root Tools (Heathcliff)
9. Now launch WP7 Root Tools and go to Local Machine -> Comm -> InternetSharing -> Settings and manualy add new value (+val button):
Value Name: Name, Value Type: String, Value Data: Value ... hit save
Value Name: EntitlementURI, Value Type: String, Value Data: ./Vendor/MSFT/Registry/HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings/OpenMarketEnabled ... hit save
Value Name: OpenMarketEnabled, Value Type: dword, Value Data: 1 ... hit save
10. Clear "CellularConnectionName" (aka set Value Data to empty)
11. and you can go to settings -> Internet Sharing and start it up
Post edited to remove outdated info & keep it clean.
SMARTPHONE HISTORY: #1: Samsung Omnia 7 _ sold on eBay. #2: HTC HD2 _ sold to my brother. #3: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) _ sold to a friend. #4: LG Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) _ my current beast! <3
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Yeah, but I need it even through cable - because when internet craps out at home, I want to be able to connect even my PC .
(at worst case scenario, I could change router to client mode and connect to phone from there )
Hello OndraSter, long time no see. Glad to see you are WP7 too.
Yeah, I agree about having wired tethering. Luckily my PC has a WiFi adapter, but a decent amount of Desktops don't. No need for WiFi on something that never moved especially when Gigibit LAN is way faster than the fastest WiFi.
If this will be blocked on unbranded/outside of US devices (like voicemail is), I will be really pissed off!
Visual Voicemail is dependent on your carrier, tethering isn't though they could very well hide the setting via registry. So, even if they do hide it, we'll be able to unhide it with a registry hack, same as how some devices have the "never" option for the lockscreen timeout & the accessibility options disabled.
Update II: Rafael Rivera notes "Confirm ICS is baked into my Mango phone (e.g. Ics*.dll, HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing). My guess is requires carrier "update" to enable."
This quote has a registry directory that wasn't in the Beta 2 Emulator Dump. I have the full registry from a dumped emulator of 7692 compiled & this directory isn't in it. I'm trying to find a new 7720 dump to so I can compile it's registry.
EDIT: It appears this directory exists in NoDo 7392. I just opened my registry editor & manually added this key & it shows up as (unavailable info). I wonder if this means tethering was always there but hidden.
Sharing a tablet or phone isn’t anything unusual. Phones very often serve as relaxation … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?