[UTIL][12/JUL/12] Samsung Galaxy S2 Chlorine. (bloat cwm-update generator)
and Updated 12/Jul/12
By request, I've added a sgs2 section for this tool I put together for the SGS.
Basically it's a web based tool that will generate a CWM compatible update.zip to remove
pre-installed apps (bloat).
I just recently added a mobile version, that should work from your phones as well.
SGS Chlorine (mobile)
SGS2 Chlorine (mobile)
SGS3 Chlorine (mobile)
What this does:
This is a little bit of PHP that will generate a customised CWM3 compatible update.zip which will remove specific apks (and associated .odexes).
* Choose which APKs you want the update.zip to remove and hit the Generate button.
- You can also select a preset to save some clicking.
* Copy the generated .zip file to your phone.
* Apply it with CWM.
The list of APKs was grabbed from the public google docs spreadsheet.
The SGS2 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
The SGS3 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
. XDA thread
* Requires busybox for mounting /system
* The APK list shouldn't let you remove anything 'vital' to booting the phone (but for SGS2 it may
* I've tested it myself pretty extensively and used it for the last couple of stock roms released. However, there may be bugs. Let me know and I'll attempt to get them fixed!
* If you have any particular ideas for good presets, also let me know and I'll see to adding them.
* You can
remove TouchWiz (TouchWiz30Launcher.apk) with this. However, if you do that without having another home 'app' installed, bad things may (will) happen.
* I also don't actually have a SGS2, so if there are any apps that should NOT be removed in the list, let me know and I'll pull them from the database. The apps in the list are selected from the 'safe to remove' list from the google spreadsheet above.