Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to put my vega in nvflash mode?

Tip us?

Sw1pe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to put my vega in nvflash mode?

How to do I put my vega in nvflash mode? I have a custom rom now and I did that before but I forget how. Everywhere where I read I get steps to get into ClockworkRecovery Mod but I need to get into nvflash. I want to instal a new rom but I stuck on this little thing

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4834
Hi there

This has been covered before, lots of times. Please use the search function before starting a new thread. It just adds clutter to a great forum.

Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179538 i answered in post 7.

And Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=989216

Take it easy

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
The Following User Says Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sw1pe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I read that and I tried that. What I get is that power off screen with, power off, restart, recover options and when I push power button slighty less my screen shuts down but nvflash doesn't apear in device manager, nothing happens

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4834
Nothing appears on the screen until you start the rom install. Check its in the right recovery in your device manager on the pc. Nvidia recovery should appear in the usb section. If not reinstall the usb drivers from the advent website.

Good luck.

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum

partner22
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Rememeber that the vega must be plugged.

Sw1pe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I finally did it, thanks a lot! The problem was what you don't need to push buttons for 2 seconds each, just 1 second hold did the trick

MikhailM1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by partner22 View Post
Rememeber that the vega must be plugged.
Actually it is easy to put your Vega type tablet into nvflash mode without a power cable attached -

1 Press Poer button to start boot.
2 As soon as the screen lights up, press and hold down the POwer button until the boot is aborted and the tablet goes back to being pwered down.
3) Immediately start the Back Button, Power buttin, Back button routine and the tablet will now successfully go into nvflash mode.

Enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikhailM1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megamacy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw1pe View Post
I finally did it, thanks a lot! The problem was what you don't need to push buttons for 2 seconds each, just 1 second hold did the trick
hm, i have to hold the back button for at least 3 seconds on my surfer MN10U, only then it responds to debug mode by clicking power. i even dint get a feedback from windows. i only see it when obening hardware manager and see a "nvidia debug device" under usb devices.