How to put my vega in nvflash mode?

OP Sw1pe

25th August 2011, 08:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
How to do I put my vega in nvflash mode? I have a custom rom now and I did that before but I forget how. Everywhere where I read I get steps to get into ClockworkRecovery Mod but I need to get into nvflash. I want to instal a new rom but I stuck on this little thing
25th August 2011, 08:40 PM   |  #2  
Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,002

5,003 posts
More
Hi there

This has been covered before, lots of times. Please use the search function before starting a new thread. It just adds clutter to a great forum.

Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179538 i answered in post 7.

And Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=989216

Take it easy
The Following User Says Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2011, 09:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

55 posts
I read that and I tried that. What I get is that power off screen with, power off, restart, recover options and when I push power button slighty less my screen shuts down but nvflash doesn't apear in device manager, nothing happens
25th August 2011, 10:20 PM   |  #4  
Senior Moderator - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,002

5,003 posts
More
Nothing appears on the screen until you start the rom install. Check its in the right recovery in your device manager on the pc. Nvidia recovery should appear in the usb section. If not reinstall the usb drivers from the advent website.

Good luck.
26th August 2011, 09:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 56

117 posts
Donate to Me
Rememeber that the vega must be plugged.
27th August 2011, 09:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

55 posts
I finally did it, thanks a lot! The problem was what you don't need to push buttons for 2 seconds each, just 1 second hold did the trick
22nd April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 91

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by partner22

Rememeber that the vega must be plugged.

Actually it is easy to put your Vega type tablet into nvflash mode without a power cable attached -

1 Press Poer button to start boot.
2 As soon as the screen lights up, press and hold down the POwer button until the boot is aborted and the tablet goes back to being pwered down.
3) Immediately start the Back Button, Power buttin, Back button routine and the tablet will now successfully go into nvflash mode.

Enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikhailM1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #8  
Flag Aachen

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw1pe

I finally did it, thanks a lot! The problem was what you don't need to push buttons for 2 seconds each, just 1 second hold did the trick

hm, i have to hold the back button for at least 3 seconds on my surfer MN10U, only then it responds to debug mode by clicking power. i even dint get a feedback from windows. i only see it when obening hardware manager and see a "nvidia debug device" under usb devices.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread