Bluerex / Roocase & TPU skin casemod

293 posts
Thanks Meter: 112
By Achristocat, Senior Member on 26th August 2011, 12:39 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there everyone.

I purchased the Bluerex / Roocase and was not satisfied with the level of protection that it offered on all the edges so I decided to modify it to work with a TPU skin.

This was the skin I got - $10.99 + shipping

Using a heat gun, I reformed all the edge catches to wrap around the skin, and also slightly modified the closure to be easier to close / open.

After the first round of mods, I noticed that it slipped *just slightly* when opening it up to use the case as a stand, so I used my dremel and removed small areas that matched the coutours of the two side catches.

One more round of the heat gun to form the side catches a bit tighter and...Turned out great! I can still pull the tablet (still in the skin) out of the case if I need, and it is captured very solidly while being used in the case.

Overall I am very happy. It adds just a bit of weight because of the double layers of material, but...I tend to be hard on my equipment so the extra protection is Definitely worth it.

In a few days, I may buy the 360 rotating case and see if this mod works as well! Thanks for your time!

P.S. Apologies for the slightly blurry last pic - It shows the removal of material that allows the side catches to lock into the skin. This is also before I cleaned up the spot where I removed the material...the finished piece is Much Nicer..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010707.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	700502   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010711.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	700503   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010709.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	700504   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010712.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	700505   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010713.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	700506  
26th August 2011, 02:43 AM |#2  
SE Michigan
Thanks Meter: 275
Nice, I have the same case, I might do this also.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread