Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Not detecting Galaxy S

Tip us?

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Windows Not detecting Galaxy S

Guys , all of a sudden Windows 7 has stopped detecting my Galaxy S . I tried reinstalling drivers / tried another cable . Tried usb debugging on/of multiple times , but to no avail . The phone is not even being detected in the Downloading mode via odin .

The phone is however working fine / charging with the cable as well . I am on Galnet MIUI twooey 3 . Can anyone help me out here ?

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
anyone ? i have been trying for 2 hours now . But to no avail

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Check device manager to see if there are any issues with the driver.
Grab an ubuntu live CD, boot it, plug in your phone and run dmesg to see what it says.. You should see information about the device being plugged in (to at least rule out Win7 issues).

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
No issues found in device manager . I donot have the ubantu cd . Any other fix for this ?

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
tried formatting the internal sd card but no luck .Tried connecting the phone on a friends laptop , its not connecting their as well

is this problem related to the rom i am using ?

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
even after a factory reset , windows 7 is not detecting my phone . I need help

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
The most interesting thing is where ever i insert the usb cable in , windows its not even detecting anything at all . This is really weird , because just a day back everything was working fine .

xxbeanxx
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Download the Ubuntu CD if you don't have it. Another option is to get terminal emulator from the market, then run the dmesg command right after you plug the phone in to see what the phone if doing.

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Run the dmesg command via tha terminal app , connected the phone via usb and run the command . It is displaying a long list of things .

its displaying the same list of commands regardless if the usb is connected or not .

farazafs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Can anyone help me out here ? I still cannot get the phone to be recognized by windows 7 . I have tried multiple original cables .

Only once it appeared in device manager saying unknown device , and further said that its some code 43 problem .