Help for Newbies, All questions & Answers for X10.

Search This thread

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Request senior members to help

Hi Guy's,

A similar thread was opened by a forum moderator in another forum so i have contacted Pilot and going to give it a try.

The aim is to help newbies/beginners/anybody by answering any questions/issues they have in this thread, they can ask what ever they want no matter what rom/kernel or anything else they are having difficulty with, a place where they feel no threat for asking such questions.;)

The thread is to be run by not me but all senior members who are willing to help, the aim is to clear the Dev threads of all the unnecessary questions that are becoming more frequent and making it harder and harder to follow rom development.

For those seeking help, always try and help yourself first, most things can be found here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=678513

If you feel you still need help then fire away, hopefully somebody will have answers for you, please keep questions related to roms in develpopment not stock roms but will cover everything from adb to wlod's.:)

Please, if you have been helped in anyway by members do not forget to leave thanks.:)

As usual any new question threads started and not aimed here will be removed by the moderators so please lets keep our development forum clean.

Can i just add that a lot of questions are being asked that can be found in the sticky's, please read those first as most things are covered there.;)

Thanks guy's for you help.:)

Last edited:

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
good idea!

well lets start a little something off then..

1) is there a way to implement voltage control on startup without the need of an app? if so, how?

2) i cant seem to change boot animation. tried changing bootanimation in the normal system/media folder & data/local folder via xrecovery install custom zip file.. any ideas?

thank you! :D

Last edited:

kloud_

Sep 17, 2010
Chandigarh (UT)
Awesome idea mate!!

Now anyone can ask questions without creating a new thread or getting burnt!! :)

@topic: dunno why but my CPU spy seems not to be working, fc'ing all the time even after rebooted. I am on DooM's 3b kernel using J's ROM.

Thank you!!

Warm Regards
kLouD
Sent from my x10i on CM7 custom dk kernel via xda premium app.

acerulz

Jul 3, 2011
Bangalore
good idea!

1) is there a way to implement voltage control on startup without the need of an app? if so, how?

2) i cant seem to change boot animation. tried changing bootanimation in the normal system/media folder & data/local folder via xrecovery install custom zip file.. any ideas?

well i got some idea with the bootanimation thing , like the bootanimation.zip file which u want to use .. jus copy it into the system/media folder when it asks for overwrite jus do it no need to flash it ..i did it on Wolf's Rom and it worked flawlessly for me ..hope it works for u too!!

thank me if it helped u !!

acerulz

Jul 3, 2011
Bangalore
Awesome idea mate!!

Now anyone can ask questions without creating a new thread or getting burnt!! :)

@topic: dunno why but my CPU spy seems not to be working, fc'ing all the time even after rebooted. I am on DooM's 3b kernel using J's ROM.

Thank you!!

Warm Regards
kLouD
dude like even i had this problem , on Ericks Rom ..coz i used to update the patchs released by him on top of another and another .... like i used to follow the steps as mentioned by Erick .. but still i used to get FC's .. so what i did is once i flashed the full ROM (cleared everythin) and flashed the latest Patch and voila !! my cpu Spy started working again .. i think that problem comes when we try to update once patch on top of another and so on ...
jus gave my opinion !!
hope it helps you !!
thank me if it did !!

Reactions: wingryuga

kloud_

Sep 17, 2010
Chandigarh (UT)
dude like even i had this problem , on Ericks Rom ..coz i used to update the patchs released by him on top of another and another .... like i used to follow the steps as mentioned by Erick .. but still i used to get FC's .. so what i did is once i flashed the full ROM (cleared everythin) and flashed the latest Patch and voila !! my cpu Spy started working again .. i think that problem comes when we try to update once patch on top of another and so on ...
jus gave my opinion !!
hope it helps you !!
thank me if it did !!

Ah! Yes, now that you mention it, Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to make a clean install. Will do so now!!
Thanks once again. :D

Warm Regards,
kLouD

TheRuan

Aug 4, 2007
Novo Hamburgo
GOOD IDEA!

Very good idea, I also think this should be sticky.

But:
It should have a better thread name like:
Questions regarding roms FCs/Errors/Reboots/WLODs go HERE!

Or something that could let extremely clear that if they want to ask something that are not directly a development(but regarding it) should go in here.

Another but, rsrsrs:
The thread should remain only about roms that are developed in here, anything regarding original SE rom, unless tweaked and posted in this area should go to Q&A.

You deserve a thanks!

Last edited:

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
well i got some idea with the bootanimation thing , like the bootanimation.zip file which u want to use .. jus copy it into the system/media folder when it asks for overwrite jus do it no need to flash it ..i did it on Wolf's Rom and it worked flawlessly for me ..hope it works for u too!!

thank me if it helped u !!

was going to try it after i updated my rom files and weirdly enough it just started to work. appreciate the help though!

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009

But:

Or something that could let extremely clear that if they want to ask something that are not directly a development(but regarding it) should go in here.

Another but, rsrsrs:
The thread should remain only about roms that are developed in here, anything regarding original SE rom, unless tweaked and posted in this area should go to Q&A.

You deserve a thanks!

Thanks for the support buddy and the thanks.;)

I did wonder about the name, maybe something clearer is needed, will see how it goes but thanks for the advice.;)

Your other point is valid but it would be better if we do not put restrictions on what can be asked in the op as it defeats the whole idea of the thread.:)

yournameshouldbehere

Jan 8, 2011
I think that you should also have a set layout for each problem that way it's easier for people to understand what's going on and it's also easier for other people with the same problem to search

Just a thought :)

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
I think that you should also have a set layout for each problem that way it's easier for people to understand what's going on and it's also easier for other people with the same problem to search

Just a thought :)

Hopefully buddy if the question has been answered before they will learn to use the thread search function.:)

TheRuan

Aug 4, 2007
Novo Hamburgo

I did wonder about the name, maybe something clearer is needed, will see how it goes but thanks for the advice.;)

Your other point is valid but it would be better if we do not put restrictions on what can be asked in the op as it defeats the whole idea of the thread.:)

No, I mean, no restrictions at all should be done when they question, it should be more like advises, something like:

inside the thread > First post:
You can ask/question anything in here but keep in mind this is guided for ROM developed in xda not for stock roms.
Questions regarding stock rom may be question on Q&A if not already answer that, if you have doubts regarding the best place you can try here :) no problems with that.

The only request for the thread should be that the questions must be related some how to errors/failures/wlods after using some apps or tweak, requests, doubts regarding new stuff.

As stock doubt like:
Does x10 flash led works good? should i buy a x10? rsrsrsrs

With time a FAQ can be added to the first post to keep the thread clean and be even more helpful to newbies.

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010

If you made your own Bootanim make sure the zip is uncompressed (ie the files were added with "store" as the compresion other wise it will no worky ;)

then just like @acerulz said adb push or copy it over the excisting one @ system/media/

Pvy.

Reactions: colossus

chauhanjayc

Feb 22, 2011
Ahmedabad - India
well i am using stock 2.3.3 rom (not rooted)
now my Questionis are

1) any other 2.3.3 rom will all function working(most of other roms are not having teathering or wifi working perfecly)
2) i am not getting Background sound while playing game like Asphalt5 or AVATAR.

can any one provide me solution for both question.

thank you

watting for Quick Reply ....

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
well i am using stock 2.3.3 rom (not rooted)
now my Questionis are

1) any other 2.3.3 rom will all function working(most of other roms are not having teathering or wifi working perfecly)
2) i am not getting Background sound while playing game like Asphalt5 or AVATAR.

can any one provide me solution for both question.

thank you

watting for Quick Reply ....

Hi Buddy,

As your issues you are saying with the games are to do with stock then i do not think anybody here can help you, ask in the Q&A forum see if anybody is having the same problem.

With the wifi, all the roms i know of are fully working, read through some threads and see which rom you would like, it is your personal choice but which ever one you choose there will always be updates to iron out any problems if there are any.;)

Last edited:

TheRuan

Aug 4, 2007
Novo Hamburgo
Mac address change

I have a question/request:

How do we change Mac address?

That it is possible I'm sure it is, the problem is that the maximum I could do was to change it for some time(until the adapter was turned off and on again.

I need this to be able to use it on my job as I have only the right to have one mac address.

Being able to use communicator at the office would be very nice, as for now i have to carry the laptop around.

Sometime ago I've tried to question this in Q&A but got no good answer/no help :mad:
[Q] X10 Mac Address Change/Spoof How to?

In there I was guided to check this:
Changing(spoofing) MAC address

If someone could help me on this?

In my opinion this would be something that could even become a new option in all roms if the Devs that have knowledge to make it happen like it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Bhupen Gaitonde

Nov 1, 2010
Pune-INDIA
hey devs..

nice to have this most wanted thread..

can any one update me with the upgradation of the current WB 4.0.4 rom stock kernel like 4.1 and so on..

thanks in advance..

Bhupen Gaitonde

Nov 1, 2010
Pune-INDIA
Hi Buddy,

What exactly do you want to know, what rom are you using now, are you already on wolfs rom?
hey dude..

i am presently on WB 4.0.4 stock rom. it sometimes is laggy.. not always.. i was bit curious abt the new version where this beautiful rom is even enhanced..

damn this rom is awsome.. battery is also reasonably consumed..

upgradation is definitely awaited and appreciated..

thanks in advance..

ROMAZON

Nov 24, 2008
Hi guys,
I'm new to modifying Android's roms and here is my problem.. I bought a used SE x10 which has 2.1 firmware.. I heard about 2.3.3 official SE update and went to there website, backed up my data, opened my PC companion to update but it surprised me to keep telling me that my phone is "already up to date"!!
I asked about that and someone told me if the guy who used the phone before me did install a custom rom to my phone before, official ways to update my phone wont work..
so please help and advise me.. either by giving me a solution to that, or to give me a link where i can find answers for my questions..
thank you in advance for your support..

my device info found at "about phone":
Model number: X10a
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband ver.: 2.1.54
Kernel ver.: 2.6.29
Build number: 2.1.A.0.435

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Request senior members to help

Hi Guy's,

A similar thread was opened by a forum moderator in another forum so i have contacted Pilot and going to give it a try.

The aim is to help newbies/beginners/anybody by answering any questions/issues they have in this thread, they can ask what ever they want no matter what rom/kernel or anything else they are having difficulty with, a place where they feel no threat for asking such questions.;)

The thread is to be run by not me but all senior members who are willing to help, the aim is to clear the Dev threads of all the unnecessary questions that are becoming more frequent and making it harder and harder to follow rom development.

For those seeking help, always try and help yourself first, most things can be found here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=678513

If you feel you still need help then fire away, hopefully somebody will have answers for you, please keep questions related to roms in develpopment not stock roms but will cover everything from adb to wlod's.:)

Please, if you have been helped in anyway by members do not forget to leave thanks.:)

As usual any new question threads started and not aimed here will be removed by the moderators so please lets keep our development forum clean.

Can i just add that a lot of questions are being asked that can be found in the sticky's, please read those first as most things are covered there.;)

Thanks guy's for you help.:)

No, I mean, no restrictions at all should be done when they question, it should be more like advises, something like:

inside the thread > First post:
    You can ask/question anything in here but keep in mind this is guided for ROM developed in xda not for stock roms.
    Questions regarding stock rom may be question on Q&A if not already answer that, if you have doubts regarding the best place you can try here :) no problems with that.

The only request for the thread should be that the questions must be related some how to errors/failures/wlods after using some apps or tweak, requests, doubts regarding new stuff.

As stock doubt like:
    Does x10 flash led works good? should i buy a x10? rsrsrsrs

With time a FAQ can be added to the first post to keep the thread clean and be even more helpful to newbies.
    GOOD IDEA!

But:

Another but, rsrsrs:

You deserve a thanks!
    good idea!

Awesome idea mate!!

Thank you!!

Warm Regards
    kLouD