XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mytouch 4G Gingerbread root and unbrick

Tip us?

crazydrummer95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Mytouch 4G Gingerbread root and unbrick

Hey guys, about a week or two ago, I went to a T-Mobile store to upgrade to 2.3.4. I have been looking into rooting and loading CM7, but im not sure how to do it and what is the best way. I was thinking about doing it with ADB, but im just too chicken to try it. I can't afford to break this phone, so i have to be really careful. If you have any other better ideas as to how I could root 2.3.4, that would be awesome. Also, if you have found any way to unbrick it if it gets bricked somehow in the process, that would be great too. I am an experienced hacker, and am working on starting to develop apps for Android and Apple. Thanks guys, I really need your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazydrummer95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Drzfr3shboialex
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
There is no root for 2.3.4 yet

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
Please read the Wiki in my signature. It has all the guides you'll need.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

tvotony
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912
Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

AwesomeTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

Who else is in the waiting line for rootage?

WOLF26915
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeTurtle View Post
Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

how are you entering the first step, the reason i ask is because i had to help someone who entered it wrong once he followed what i told him it was smooth sailing

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
Quote:

This says nothing about the quality of the solution, but rather means that you're not executing the guide correctly.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]

AwesomeTurtle
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrabren View Post
* If you get a permission denied, we don't have enough access rights and can't exploit the device.
Just in case you all start getting condescending about people not pulling through successful with Ultimate Guide Deluxe. I am not doing it wrong and chances are I know a tad more about this process than you.

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
There are always chances. On the other hand, chances often lie. Read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1185243&page=7
From post 62 downwards.
Then you can count your chances again, or post here about how you and some others missed the obvious.
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

Tom Barrister
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

I am. I'm not well versed enough to do the downgrade-via-ADB thing. All I want to do is temproot, freeze the bloatware on the stock 2.3.4. I'm not interested in flashing a ROM or having permanent root. From what I understand, this isn't possible without downgrading.

Tags
mytouch, rooting, unbrick