Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Mytouch 4G Gingerbread root and unbrick

OP crazydrummer95

26th August 2011, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sahuarita
Thanks Meter: 15

107 posts
More
Hey guys, about a week or two ago, I went to a T-Mobile store to upgrade to 2.3.4. I have been looking into rooting and loading CM7, but im not sure how to do it and what is the best way. I was thinking about doing it with ADB, but im just too chicken to try it. I can't afford to break this phone, so i have to be really careful. If you have any other better ideas as to how I could root 2.3.4, that would be awesome. Also, if you have found any way to unbrick it if it gets bricked somehow in the process, that would be great too. I am an experienced hacker, and am working on starting to develop apps for Android and Apple. Thanks guys, I really need your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazydrummer95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2011, 08:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 106

1,754 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is no root for 2.3.4 yet

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
26th August 2011, 09:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 955

4,316 posts
More
Please read the Wiki in my signature. It has all the guides you'll need.
27th August 2011, 03:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 31

614 posts
More
Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912
Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
27th August 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 101

566 posts
More
Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

Who else is in the waiting line for rootage?
27th August 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hicktown
Thanks Meter: 36

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeTurtle

Just want to note that that guide is not the solution for all Gingerglaciers. Some devices (mine included) cannot make it past the first step due to 'permission denied'.

how are you entering the first step, the reason i ask is because i had to help someone who entered it wrong once he followed what i told him it was smooth sailing
27th August 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #7  

4,316 posts
More
Quote:

This says nothing about the quality of the solution, but rather means that you're not executing the guide correctly.
27th August 2011, 10:05 PM   |  #8  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 101

566 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrabren

* If you get a permission denied, we don't have enough access rights and can't exploit the device.

Just in case you all start getting condescending about people not pulling through successful with Ultimate Guide Deluxe. I am not doing it wrong and chances are I know a tad more about this process than you.
27th August 2011, 10:40 PM   |  #9  

4,316 posts
More
There are always chances. On the other hand, chances often lie. Read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1185243&page=7
From post 62 downwards.
Then you can count your chances again, or post here about how you and some others missed the obvious.
5th September 2011, 02:43 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
Quote:

I am. I'm not well versed enough to do the downgrade-via-ADB thing. All I want to do is temproot, freeze the bloatware on the stock 2.3.4. I'm not interested in flashing a ROM or having permanent root. From what I understand, this isn't possible without downgrading.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mytouch, rooting, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread