9th September 2011, 08:22 PM   |  #131  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 85

294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsha12151

Don't shoot me - just asking.

I bought the Bionic yesterday and have rooted. The D3 one click root worked on the Bionic.

Now, this script is just what I want (I hate doing it one by one) so does anyone know if this will work on the bionic and which version?

Walking away quietly........

Depends on the System Version of your Bionic. Worst comes to worst, you can use the list the OP has made and freeze the apps you don't need via TB or another Root App.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yonnor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2011, 08:24 PM   |  #132  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Griffin, Ga
Thanks Meter: 550

1,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good information!
9th September 2011, 08:40 PM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
just popping in to say thanks..

My bionic is coming today, going to root, and run a modified version of your script. There is some additional bloatware on the bionic I plan to remove.
9th September 2011, 08:52 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
I'm using script manager to run the .zip files, and I check "run as root". But it's not working. If I run it as "Is script" then I get a syntax error, and if I run it as "Is executable" then I get permission denied... Please help!
Last edited by V0nice; 2nd October 2011 at 07:20 PM.
9th September 2011, 09:27 PM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 79

445 posts
More
Open the zip and take out the file. Then run that as a script with root permissions.
10th September 2011, 02:59 PM   |  #136  
Flag Charlotte NC
Thanks Meter: 42

558 posts
More
Just posting to see if any one has gotten this work on the Bionic? Also ot but is is there a work around for the memory. If i had my way id get rid of internal and stick with external SD or put 32gb in the phone.
10th September 2011, 08:26 PM   |  #137  

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calash

Open the zip and take out the file. Then run that as a script with root permissions.

This worked, but now I cannot use the feature that allows the user to click on the face of a contact, and get a popup window to either call or text, or view the contact, or facebook, or skype, ect... This was a very handy window, and I'd like to get it back! Does anyone know what caused this, and how I can reinstall an app to make it work again??
Last edited by V0nice; 2nd October 2011 at 07:20 PM.
11th September 2011, 06:07 PM   |  #138  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 166

680 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had originally went and individually froze apps with the Bloat Freezer app but this morning I defrosted everything then ran your script, I wish I had done this in the first place. Awesome job! Nothing could be easier to use. Thank you very much.
11th September 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
SMS service does the picture messaging. There are some apps on the market that will or should give you back the 'picture' messaging ability.
Last edited by Wolfhere; 11th September 2011 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfhere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2011, 04:15 AM   |  #140  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouza4

Sounds like you did more than just remove bloat. Did you remove the launcher without having a secondary launcher first, perhaps?

What is the fix for this?

I did a hard factory reset/wipe, but now it gets stuck at the "Setup Accounts" screen where you add facebook, youtube, etc.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by earnstaf

What is the fix for this?

I did a hard factory reset/wipe, but now it gets stuck at the "Setup Accounts" screen where you add facebook, youtube, etc.

Edit: I installed Launcher Pro via ADB and it seems to have fixed the issue for now. Going to restore the "non-bloat" and do more testing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloat, freeze, guide, script
Previous Thread Next Thread