Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Script] Safe bloat removal script (50+ apps) [UPDATED 9/1/2011]

Tip us?

wootizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan View Post
I believe thats because you ddint check run script as root in the app.
Yep. Apparently I'm blind.. Tho once I did enable it to run as root it said bad number 3 times and then my phone rebooted. Sooo? lol

psouza4
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootizzle View Post
Yep. Apparently I'm blind.. Tho once I did enable it to run as root it said bad number 3 times and then my phone rebooted. Sooo? lol
Did you edit the script at all? If so, you probably killed the unix-style line endings (Notepad will do this, use Notepad++ or edit the script on the device directly using the long-press option in Root Explorer).
Helio Ocean -> HTC Touch Pro -> Motorola Droid -> Motorola Droid X2 -> Motorola Droid 3 -> HTC Rezound -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III

wootizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
Did you edit the script at all? If so, you probably killed the unix-style line endings (Notepad will do this, use Notepad++ or edit the script on the device directly using the long-press option in Root Explorer).
No sir. I did not edit it. I don't know this type of development. I downloaded to pc and transferred to my phone and ran it.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

psouza4
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootizzle View Post
No sir. I did not edit it. I don't know this type of development. I downloaded to pc and transferred to my phone and ran it.
It apparently doesn't like the redirection to /dev/null for some reason on your phone when mounting your /system as rw.

If you have Root Explorer on your phone, launch it, navigate to /system, and click the 'RW' button at the top to mount your /system as 'RW'. Then try the script.
Helio Ocean -> HTC Touch Pro -> Motorola Droid -> Motorola Droid X2 -> Motorola Droid 3 -> HTC Rezound -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Samsung Galaxy Note III

wootizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Im going to do that now... I just noticed my app draw is different some how now. Right now root explorer is mia from the draw..
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
It apparently doesn't like the redirection to /dev/null for some reason on your phone when mounting your /system as rw.

If you have Root Explorer on your phone, launch it, navigate to /system, and click the 'RW' button at the top to mount your /system as 'RW'. Then try the script.

androidphan88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So i seem to be experiancing the same bad number issue

I tried the using root explorer to mount /system as read write but same issue, it says badnumber and reboots there is something after the bad number but the phone reboots so fast i cant read it before it shuts off

psouza4
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88 View Post
So i seem to be experiancing the same bad number issue

I tried the using root explorer to mount /system as read write but same issue, it says badnumber and reboots there is something after the bad number but the phone reboots so fast i cant read it before it shuts off
Try editing the script (on the device using Root Explorer and long-press to edit). Delete all occurrences of "2>/dev/null" which is supposed to suppress the results of a command, but is apparently causing issues on some devices. Perhaps you have a different version of busybox installed.

Once you fix and save the script, try it again. If you do this under Windows, make sure you use Notepad++ or it'll destroy the unix-style line endings and won't run properly.

wootizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I think it worked but didn't think it did. Under titanium a bunch of apps are crossed out (I created a full back up b4 doing this) including city id which I have a subscription for and I know I didn't disable it. So I'm not sure. I got root explorer uncrossed but didn't rerun it.

androidphan88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
so i removed all of the dev/null and then it just failed out on all of the actions

even made sure to mount /system as RW. Is there anything i can add to the end of the script to pause before it reboots.

So i then took the reboot out of the end of the scipt. It is saying there is no such file or directory on all actions

psouza4
Old
Thanks Meter 165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidphan88 View Post
so i removed all of the dev/null and then it just failed out on all of the actions

even made sure to mount /system as RW. Is there anything i can add to the end of the script to pause before it reboots.

So i then took the reboot out of the end of the scipt. It is saying there is no such file or directory on all actions
You are running this script ON YOUR DEVICE, correct? You're not trying to run this from a bash shell on your computer, are you? It was written for the phone itself, such as using Script Manager or another app to launch it.

Could you attach your version of the script post-edits?

Tags
bloat, freeze, guide, script