Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 50,652 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]8/29 MIUI ES 2.3.5.1 Android 2.3.5, v.01(MIUI Camera working)

Tip us?

rubbachicken
Old
(Last edited by rubbachicken; 29th August 2011 at 10:45 AM.) Reason: add link
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM]8/29 MIUI ES 2.3.5.1 Android 2.3.5, v.01(MIUI Camera working)

Changelog -
v.01
-Removed: Torch.
-Installation: shortened ascii on updater-script
-Fixed radio
-Fixed Camera (Use ActionSnap)(You can get MIUI camera viewfinder to work it just wont' write the files correctly atm. After opening MIUI Camera change settings > picture size to 3MP)
-Broke altdrawer. Sorry. APK invalid. remove from system/app and install from attatchment if you want it; i'll fix it for .02
-Maybe some more things...

v.00
-Ported

2nd update up..

No camera, Sorry. Havn't been able to test wifi. Will remove torch.apk and various others... Would also like to hcange data config for launcher to default 3d cube animations and to default the appdrawer to grid rather than list...

Lots of Espanol > Engles translations still needed...

Credit to: MIUI team, XDA, Rdanner, Jorgonv, sferrariba(defy thread poster)
Link to original thread I found.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238592

Download:
v.01http://www.mediafire.com/?fbg3860xvcr5is7
v.00http://www.mediafire.com/?ig4r0oes9m4ja8w

Wipe your data/cache and dalvik just incase,
apply update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	miuibravo1.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	703624   Click image for larger version

Name:	miuibravo2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	703625   Click image for larger version

Name:	miuibravo3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	703626  
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.xuso.altdrawer.apk - [Click for QR Code] (398.2 KB, 80 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubbachicken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josuearisty
Old
Thanks Meter 271
I'd like to go to that day that the camera works in gingerbread roms for bravo!!

I really would like to use gingerbread in bravo, Im coming from Cliq XT and Backflip (Well, I still have them both) and they have fully working gingerbread roms!

Well the only thing we can do is wait till @rdannar or some else get the camera working!

rubbachicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Ya i'll work on the camera too soon i'll be honest he's going to have a better clue than I am...

I found a 2.2 sense rom for the defy i am going to try to port so that that way we can have a little Rosie/SenseUI too...

after that i'll probably try to see whats up with the camera,
i believe if i can ddms the forceclose on the camera i can read up a bit on that too and see whats up; i pmed rdanner about what camera modifications particularly he noticed were needed for his msgingerblur cause that's android 2.3.4 aswell,

for a camera i suggest msgingerblur or the stock froyo diet thing rdanner made

BravoMotorola
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbachicken View Post
Ya i'll work on the camera too soon i'll be honest he's going to have a better clue than I am...

I found a 2.2 sense rom for the defy i am going to try to port so that that way we can have a little Rosie/SenseUI too...

after that i'll probably try to see whats up with the camera,
i believe if i can ddms the forceclose on the camera i can read up a bit on that too and see whats up; i pmed rdanner about what camera modifications particularly he noticed were needed for his msgingerblur cause that's android 2.3.4 aswell,

for a camera i suggest msgingerblur or the stock froyo diet thing rdanner made
At this point, people need to stop relying on others to get a Defy rom, any Defy rom (CM7 nightlies, MIUI weekly update, regular roms that regular developers made), to work on the Bravo. It is a very simple process.

1) Open ROM in Winzip
2) Delete all the folders and files except for "system"
3) Download this
4) Extract files "motorola" and "META-INF" to a known location
5) Move extracted "META-INF" to / (root) of the ROM
6) Delete folder "motorola in /system/ect
7) Move extracted "motorola" to /system/ect

rubbachicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Not to be a dick but did anyone have anything useful to post?

rubbachicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Fixed camera same story as w/ rdanners only works w/ 3rd party so far miui camera not working actionsnap is though new upload coming soon
The Following User Says Thank You to rubbachicken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TPR300C
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbachicken View Post
Fixed camera same story as w/ rdanners only works w/ 3rd party so far miui camera not working actionsnap is though new upload coming soon
Can't wait to try it with the 3rd party app workaround. And thank you! Seems now a days too many people don't appreciate the work people put out there if it isn't perfect. Up until now no rom is perfect. I have a Droid Incredible and the dev community is pretty big, a lot of roms for it and all still have bugs here and there. Keep up the work. I know there is a lot of people out there that don't really post but really appreciate any work you are doing for the Bravo community

rubbachicken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
One thing I'm having an issue with is settings for the apks...

for example when you select a 3d effect for the launcher, it saves the file in /data/data,

i can get /data/apps to copy over frm the update-script but all attempts so far to get /data/data over havn't worked (since it's copying /data i assumed it would copy /data and it's subdirectories aswell), i've tried to unpack the apks and change the default settings then repack them, that's how I broke altdrawer in .01...

Does anyone have a thought on this? is it likely there is a script clearing /data/data on first boot?

Primarily I want to make folders for the launcher, and put all the icons in them... I found the workspace.xml file that lists the x/y coords of the icons etc... but I can't seem to get any changes to affect it ... (This was found inside the apk)

dontbejeff
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoMotorola View Post
At this point, people need to stop relying on others to get a Defy rom, any Defy rom (CM7 nightlies, MIUI weekly update, regular roms that regular developers made), to work on the Bravo. It is a very simple process.

1) Open ROM in Winzip
2) Delete all the folders and files except for "system"
3) Download this
4) Extract files "motorola" and "META-INF" to a known location
5) Move extracted "META-INF" to / (root) of the ROM
6) Delete folder "motorola in /system/ect
7) Move extracted "motorola" to /system/ect
I agree on this. While it won't get the camera working, it is still a more proper way of making a port. Still reading up on android development (as I got older I get less inclined to do something without understanding what I am doing first) but as a system builder I know it's better to make a new system from scratch rather then taking an image from one machine and sticking it on another. Too many things break that way :P

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

rdannar
Old
(Last edited by rdannar; 29th August 2011 at 05:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 989

DONATE TO ME
Sorry haven't gotten around to pm and stuff.. work a lot on weekends

@ rubbachicken

What did you do to get camera working? I think I know but would be good for others to know also.

For copying data you need to first delete data recursive then make sure the correct folders have correct permissions after you copy them in the script.

Or you may have to make a tmp folder and do a package extract to push folders on but set permissions to write into data

Not sure about permissions, then download yaffs explorer from market and it has a setting to show what permissions are needed for each file and folder.

@dontbejeff

You are right... it is better to start from a vanilla build made for bravo. But that is some serious coding for a device that doesn't even have a leaked gingerbread rom like defy. If we ever had a leak or something similar then camera would be easy...

That is how I figured out this much of camera by working with froyo stock roms first (T-Mobile). To figure out what is different in the roms.
Sent from my MB520 using XDA App