Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Rooted Nook touch... what next?

OP khurdp

28th August 2011, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Greetings guys.... i have the 1962934272 bytes eMMC Nook touch. I first backed it up; the back size was 1962934272 with and without the bs=1M parameters and is identical. Tried the TouchNooter 1.6.24 ... didn't work ... stuck at the 'Nook by Barnes and noble' screen.... reverted back from the backup. Tried again per "nookdevs.com/NookTouch_Rooting". Put the rooted uRamdisk in. Installed adb on ubuntu and installed on the rooted nook su, superuser.apk, nook color tools, gapps using adb with some help googling around. Rebooted ... this is when the system got updated to 1.0.1.

Well... now when i reboot i am still at the regular B&N screen. What am i missing? I think i need the 'Go Launcher'. To have the same apps as the TouchNooter, i was thinking of installing busybox and buttonSavior from market afterwards. I need to find how to install go launcher .... search didn't yield good results... can somebody give me a link please...

Will the following files from TouchNooter along with the go launcher make it work and at par with TouchNooter?
/system/build.prop, packages.xml, framework.jar.

thank you,
Prasad
29th August 2011, 11:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 29

95 posts
I also have a 1962934272 bytes eMMC Nook touch and there is no problem.

TouchNooter works flawlessly (I just had to install it twice because the first time it got stuck).

By the way, if you want to install GoLauncher, you just have to download the apk here
for instance (or take the apk provided with TouchNooter) and then install it using adb install <name_of_the_apk>.apk
29th August 2011, 02:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Agree... will try again.
I was thinking along the lines... I will try again. Thanks for replying mdall... wasn't sure if it a retry will work or not... your reply instills confidence in me to retry. Thanks again.
30th August 2011, 02:57 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Worked.
Had to reboot after it stuck at the 'Nook by Barnes and noble' screen the first time... worked fine the second time.

thank you.
30th August 2011, 01:15 PM   |  #5  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 29

95 posts
You're welcome
1st September 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 10

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdall

I also have a 1962934272 bytes eMMC Nook touch and there is no problem.

TouchNooter works flawlessly (I just had to install it twice because the first time it got stuck).

By the way, if you want to install GoLauncher, you just have to download the apk here
for instance (or take the apk provided with TouchNooter) and then install it using adb install <name_of_the_apk>.apk

Wait, there are 2 kinds of nook? how do i know if my nook is 1962934272 bytes eMMC Nook touch or the other kind? what's the difference?
1st September 2011, 04:27 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
the other/prior one had 1958739968 bytes eMMC.
when you do a
dd if=/dev/sdb of=./nookTouchOriginal.img bs=1M
you will get a 1958739968 bytes file in slightly older N2E nook touch
but mine purchased on 20 Aug was 1962934272 bytes.
Last edited by khurdp; 1st September 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.0.1, 1962934272, bnrv300
Previous Thread Next Thread