The truth is the stock gmail, mail or even k9 and others do not even come close to BB for email.
- bb will keep all your emails going back to the day you add your account. So 3 weeks from now you can refer back to an email without being on the network. Gmail does too but with a huge performance hit and internal memory will eventually get full.
- FAST, the bb mail app is instant. no waiting to compose, it doesn't get slower as more mails come in, no syncing slowdowns, it's lightning fast.
- Spell check - I dunno, but my chacha doesn't have spell check unless you activate autocomplete which is just way to slow to be useful.
- Conversation mode. With gmail you're stuck with one mode. BB gives you option for both.
- Trackpad makes editing a breeze. My chacha has arrow keys which is good, but getting around is much faster with a trackpad.
- Use of screen, Gmail is not designed for small screens. BB shows you a hella lot on every screen.
Theres more, but that should give you an idea of why email is better on bb and why bb is p0wnaging that market still.
Other BB highlights are battery life, build quality, SMS and camera.
Tough call though, you really take a hit on email with android. If email isn't so important, then go for the chacha.
I prefer my chacha for everything else. Browsing is still better on android, apps, and customization is #1 by far. It is a slippery mofo though, you'll need a gelly case and with the chin/bend the case fits weird.
- Memory is no issue once you do reset and move to sd as mentioned above.
- HTC Sense is also an issue, it's laggy as hell. Switch to launcher pro and you're flying.
- Stock browser gives you 4 windows max. Go for opera mini or dolphin mini for the best browsing on any phone.
About those other phones:
Had a Droid pro - sucks big time, no arrow keys, squeaks & creeks - crap build quality, screen res is too small, keyb a bit better than my bb 9700.
Had a Charm - is completely useless, but keyb was actually good.
Seen the Galaxy Pro - sucks, no led flash, low res screen and overall much lower end than chacha
Motorola XPRT - droid pro all over again
Don't know about the others.