Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Apps] The Seven+ Project

Tip us?

tombarr
Old
(Last edited by tombarr; 2nd June 2012 at 03:42 AM.) Reason: Update URLs and apps
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Default [Apps] The Seven+ Project

Roughly three weeks ago I decided to take the user interface library I was working on for Android to the next level in the form of The Seven+ Project. Myself, along with a number of other talented developers, are working on a suite of applications for Android using this user interface. Ultimately we are working to have this suite efficient, fluid, and interconnected. Do continue to check in on these applications as more features get added and bugs get fixed. We are always looking for feedback and bug reports. So check out our applications and our website and let us know what you think!
Unlike past initiatives we are a cooperative organization composed of independent developers, who, when using our using interface retain complete control over their applications. We are also about more than just copying; the PLUS in Seven+ is all about adding more features, customizations, and more.
Also a note to developers: we are looking for skilled developers that have made applications previously and want to adapt them using our user interface. Pretty much any standard application is fair game, so whether you have an email, calendar, set of widgets, or something else, if you want to make an application using our please contact us.

Links to a few of our applications:

- Launcher 7 by Timo Kujala
- Seven+ Calculator by Thomas Barrasso
- WP7Lock by Sami Musallam
- ZPlayer by Temitayo Odesanmi
- StatusBar+ by Thomas Barrasso
- Messaging7 by Omkar Deshmukh

Also follow us on Twitter, Google+, and check out sevenplusandroid.org.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tombarr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xriderx66
Old
Thanks Meter 1507
Looks GREAT so far. I'm a fan of WP7-styled apps and I think this is a great project.
Thank you!
LOLWUT
Still on Stock Android? I pity you. Get on MIUI.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xriderx66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodgersrgood
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Haha ok so I don't know if you have any idea if what's going on but I downloaded the lockscreen to check it out (pretty cool btw) but went back to widgetlocker and everytime I press the home button it comes up with all my home apps and then I select one and I set it as default then when I launch a diff app and press home the ssame thing pops up. Its like the defaults keep getting cleared for some reason. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

HearthC0re
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
In which way are you affiliated with the guys of WP7Android.com ?

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
@HearthC0re The closest thing to an affiliation is that some of the developers (notably those of ZPlayer and WP7Lock) are now part of our project. We are a collaborative organization of independent developers using a common user interface library that will hopefully make its way into a number of applications.

@dodgersrgood I suggest you send Sami Musallam an email as he is the developer of WP7Lock. His email is sami.musallam7@gmail.com.

@xriderx66 Thanks, glad to hear it!

do0b
Old
Thanks Meter 18
looks like an interesting project. keep it up
Galaxy Nexus + CM10 + franco.Kernel
Galaxy Tab 7.7 + Zeta ROM

SimianJones
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
i think that you ought to offer a free version of your UI demo so that you can build some momentum support for your project. I think the windows phone UI is great and I would like to see it thuroughly baked into a rom, not just sitting on top of cm7 or something. Keep up the great work and I would encourage you to keep the community up to date with developments.

Also, there are some grammatical problems with your website.

Good luck!

tombarr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
@SimianJones I am not too sure about a ROM as we have neither a developer who knows where to begin, nor the honest desire. The problem with a ROM is that it would reach so many less people and require that one be built for each and every device. The UI I am building uses the Android SDK and is designed to work well with any application. While a ROM would be nice, it would have to be in the distant future when the UI is more mature, bug free, and when we find an interest in building a ROM.

Phew, that is enough of that. As far as updates, will do. We have/ are working on a better blog, our Twitter, mailing list, and more to keep those interested up-to-date.

iynfynity
Old
Thanks Meter 195
I like the launcher but how do you add more homescreen?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
"Did you know every time you make a troll comment an android phone is activated?"

scottjb
Old
Thanks Meter 147
I tried out the launcher and I like it. It does pose some problems with larger widgets. The launcher gives size options of one or two tiles. This squeezes 4 by x widgets making them harder, sometimes impossible, to use. For example, I can use BeWeather by using a larger font size in that widget's settings. I cannot use PocketBreeze because it cuts off the top of the widget and makes everything too small to see or tap, even with the large font.

I also noticed Launcher 7 pretty high on my list of app using the battery. I don't recall seeing my launcher high on the list, if at all. This is with a custom AOSP ROM, Gingerbread Deck.

This looks promising.

Tags
android, application, theme, user interface, windows phone 7