After months of research and development, both hardware and software... I'm happy to announce UnBrickable Mod is a matter of modifing your phone once, with a single small wire. From that point on, you can click a button to unbrick. This can even be applied to a phone which is already bricked.
- You Must have UnBrickable Mod applied to your device. If you're not sure, run this tool under Linux: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1257434
- You must have a Linux based OS installed. Get Ubuntu here: http://www.ubuntu.com It's Free!
- You must have Java installed on your computer. You can use this link http://www.java.com/en/download/ or use your package manger ie. apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
1. Apply UnBrickable Mod to your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1206216
2. Run UnBrickable Resurrector: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird...downloads/list This will only work on linux currently. Install Linux or dual boot if you have windows.
3. Run Heimdall One-Click: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1266172 (or odin3 one-click),
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 with bootloader flashing enabled (Heimdall One-Click has a safety mechanism which requires you to flash once before flashing bootloaders).
You've unbricked the unbrickable captivate... This should not have been difficult. If it was, you should learn teh computer better... Really. And with that said, I'm happy to announce that you no longer have to flash with a fear of bricking.
The HIBL is the key to resurrecting a S5PC110 based processor. I'm going to let Rebellos explain the inner workings of the Hummingbird Interceptor Bootloader. It's really quite amazing. While my work is more hardware and high level tasks like making things into one-clicks, Rebellos' work involves reverse software engineering, assembly language, and more...
Windows32 command line app and drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1315091523
Linux one-click Resurrector: http://code.google.com/p/hummingbird...downloads/list
4SEP11: added 32 bit, miscellanious impovements to visuals
6SEP11: removed additional commands