[HowTo] Show hidden Market Apps on Gingerbread Roms
I decided to create a new topic in dev, as this issue affected me in MS2Ginger, CM7 and MIUI, and users from any of these roms could benefit from the info.
If this should be on General, I'm sorry mods, here seemed more appropriate.
Guys, for those like me that couldn't see some apps on Market after using Gingerbread ROMs, I found a workaround after some research that worked for me.
* I just tested it on MIUI but it should work on others.
Basically the Market checks the build.prop for the fingerprint, so I used this one from Nexus S on 2.3.4 and had no issues so far.
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys
*If someone can provide build.prop or fingerprint from Milestone 2 would be great. Didn't want to flash stock froyo just for that. Tried to find a build.prop from any Droid with gingerbread with no success, and I'm downloading now the leak from Droid 2 Global to test.
To use it :
- adb pull /system/build.prop c:\where\you\want\to\put\it\
- backup the file
- open with notepad++ (I guess wordpad would work too) and replace with the fingerprint
- adb remount ( or mount /system r/w using root explorer )
- adb push c:\where\you\want\to\put\it\build.prop /system/
- adb reboot