4.06.605.3 update is hitting phones as we type!

Search This thread

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Jermaine,
Would you, or any of the other devs, be able to use this file to get a 4.06.605.3 flashable ota rom setup? Or do you need the complete 88Meg update file?

Jeff

I've never used anything like this. It uses a patch feature to update certain apk files and flash a new boot image and recovery. I wouldn't know how to put them together.

Conap

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 1, 2010
I know it is not a rom, I understand how to do an update via hboot. I just wanted proof that it was the real OTA and not something else.

oh sorry...I'm half paying attention to what i'm reading...I shouldn't multi task by the end of the week :) ...I don't think you can flash this unless you let the phone apply it as a system update and I don't normally work with these patches either. I can't let my phone install it cause the stock rom it downloaded too is installed on my sdcard and not my phone so it wouldn't install for me either way. I'm sure there will be updated rom's soon though so probably easiest just to wait for that.

jeffgman

Jul 18, 2008
Southern California
oh sorry...I'm half paying attention to what i'm reading...I shouldn't multi task by the end of the week :) ...I don't think you can flash this unless you let the phone apply it as a system update and I don't normally work with these patches either. I can't let my phone install it cause the stock rom it downloaded too is installed on my sdcard and not my phone so it wouldn't install for me either way. I'm sure there will be updated rom's soon though so probably easiest just to wait for that.

Wait? Not a big fan of that. Just kidding, I am sure one, or many, of the devs on here will figure out how to get the data from this and get newer roms released. I am not worried.

Thanks for doing your part.

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo

I tried to install it as update.zip and it was aborted, said something about error in update.zip files. And of course I didn't write it down before I rebooted.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Ok I see that we cant install this as it currently stands, but does anyone know what changes were made here? I am guessing very very minor ones if any at all.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Ok i took this update extracted the updater script and modified it so it dosent do the checks for installed programs (as i was to lazy to put my dissabled apps back) rezipped it and flashed. It said update compleet with no errors, but when i rebooted everything was exactly the same, no files were updated at all. Not sure what happened.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Ok i took this update extracted the updater script and modified it so it dosent do the checks for installed programs (as i was to lazy to put my dissabled apps back) rezipped it and flashed. It said update compleet with no errors, but when i rebooted everything was exactly the same, no files were updated at all. Not sure what happened.

Does it show the new version number under system in settings?

BTW what changes were you expecting? This late in the game I would think this is a very minor update.

Ohhhhhh and also could you post or rehost the new .zip you made so I (or others) coudl try and flash it?

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN

BTW what changes were you expecting? This late in the game I would think this is a very minor update.

Ohhhhhh and also could you post or rehost the new .zip you made so I (or others) coudl try and flash it?

No it does not show the new version number and all files are still same size. I wasnt expecting major changes but i at least expected the build.prop to change. Here is my modified file if anyone wants to give it a try.

http://dinc.does-it.net/ota_605.2_TO_605.3.zip

Reactions: Hand76

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32165623/e5..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

this is the update they just pushed if that's what you guys are looking for...i pulled it from my phone after it downloaded from the stock rom i had

Ok guys. I took the time to look into what Conap has provided us. It is no doubt an upgrade. However it is mostly unusable as is. It does have a new boot.img (I did not dif this) and one actual .apk and an .xml out of resources. Everything else is in patch form including new apks, libs, firmware. I think it would be useful to us.

How can we get this into usable form? Follow this:

One person who is currently on a 100% stock 4.06.605.2 ota and s-off please download the update from Conap.
Rename it PB31IMG.zip and place it on the root of your SD card.
Try flashing it through hboot
If that fails rename it to update.zip and flash it through CWMR as an update.
If either process is successful move onto regaining root (You should still be s-off at this point)
Do this by reflashing a custom recovery and SU.
Once complete go into recovery and and clear cache only
Make a nandroid
Upload that nandroid to a file hosting service such as multiupload.
Post the link back here and wait for a dev to take the nandroid and convert to a usable rom thats rooted.

Warning:
As always, doing what I suggested above may carry risk. Proceed with caution and note that you are doing this at your own free will.

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I went compleet stock 605.2 then renamed the update update .zip and flashed thru hboot and now am on 605.3
I was able to reroot by flashing cwmr thru hboot and then the Su binary thru cwmr.

However I am very dissapointed as I still see several mistakes and annoyances such as the location nag, hardware version still says 003, display still says wrong size, and build.prop still contains Sprint stuff.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Last edited:

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
I went compleet stock 605.2 then renamed the update update .zip and flashed thru hboot and now am on 605.3
I was able to reroot by flashing cwmr thru hboot and then the Su binary thru cwmr.

However I am very dissapointed as I still see several mistakes and annoyances such as the location nag, hardware version still says 003, display still says wrong size, and build.prop still contains Sprint stuff.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

Well make a nandroid. Extract the system.img and boot.img and upload, lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32165623/e5..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

this is the update they just pushed if that's what you guys are looking for...i pulled it from my phone after it downloaded from the stock rom i had
    Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I made a zip of the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. I hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from a full nandroid

Here is a screen shot of the software information page.

20110903012301.png
    OK, here is the multiupload link:

http://www.multiupload.com/R9UY66N3J9

MD5: DCBA30A164327C4F6903ABF0222C5E9A (from HashTab v3.0.0)

Filename: 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

This is the OTA from my phone currently at:
    Build number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
    Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28

Copied from /cache on my phone after getting the OTA notification.

Thanks to the devs in advance. Hope this helps.

Todd
    pdf from Verizon's website

Please the attached pdf file.

NOTE: Edited post contains the original pdf file after I compacted the file using Adobe Acrobat to meet the size requirement of the forum.

No it does not show the new version number and all files are still same size. I wasnt expecting major changes but i at least expected the build.prop to change. Here is my modified file if anyone wants to give it a try.

http://dinc.does-it.net/ota_605.2_TO_605.3.zip