Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] [02/02/12] ClockworkMod [5.0.2.0 and 5.8.1.0] ~Touch Version Added~

Tip us?

TeeJay3800
Old
(Last edited by TeeJay3800; 3rd February 2012 at 09:07 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1606
Post [RECOVERY] [02/02/12] ClockworkMod [5.0.2.0 and 5.8.1.0] ~Touch Version Added~

All credit for this software goes to the dev (Koushik Dutta and anyone else on his team).

** Nandroid backups made on previous versions of CWM cannot be restored in CWM 5.0.x.x. So if you have backups made in versions 2.5.x.x or 3.0.x.x, you will not be able to restore them once you've upgraded. **

HOMEPAGE

ClockworkMod.com

DOWNLOAD

Standard recovery
Link: recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
MD5: a5aea82ec2ad7b836c9c179fce0d520d - To verify, use ManD5 or the below ADB commands:

Touch recovery
Link: recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.0-glacier.img - Rename to "recovery.img" for easier CLI entry
MD5: 687998d5093878147256c10ae9e98e5a - To verify, use ManD5 or these ADB commands:
Code:
adb push recovery.img /sdcard/recovery.img
adb shell md5sum /sdcard/recovery.img
INSTALLATION

- Via the ROM Manager app (version 4.4.0.3 or newer required)

- Via terminal emulator:
Code:
Move recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
Start the terminal app
su (press enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (press enter)
reboot recovery (press enter)
- Via fastboot (ADB installation and engineering bootloader version 0.85.2007 required):
Code:
Move recovery.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
Boot your phone into fastboot mode
Connect your phone via USB to your computer
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
CHANGE-LOG

5.0.0.1 through 5.0.1.0
  • Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backup speed improved.
  • Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type.
  • New color scheme
  • Status bar when backing up working again
  • Backing up of .android_secure working again
  • Bug-fix: root no longer lost on rom restore
  • Touch version - initial release (beta stage)
  • Major bug fixed (recovery.fstab malformed)

I'm not in any way responsible if something happens to your device. I'm simply posting this as a courtesy to the community.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to TeeJay3800 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
I still don't know how this flew over our heads.

Either way, glad you provided every possible method to upgrade.
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mackster248 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
I still don't know how this flew over our heads.

Either way, glad you provided every possible method to upgrade.
Was there a 4.0? I was still on 3.0.24 still, and now I find out about this version. does anyone know its new features?
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G

TeeJay3800
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42 View Post
Was there a 4.0? I was still on 3.0.24 still, and now I find out about this version. does anyone know its new features?
As far as I know, the jump was made straight from 3.0.2.4 to 5.0.0.1. I have yet to see a changelog, but if anyone finds one, I'll add it to the OP. After poking through the menus, nothing obvious stood out, so it seems to be a bug fix and "behind the scenes" release.

Ace42
Old
(Last edited by Ace42; 31st August 2011 at 01:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1122
-From Mr.Dutta via G+
I've just finished releasing updates to a bunch of devices to ClockworkMod Recovery 5.

Major changes:
Backups now use tar over yaffs for everything except mtd partitions. Backups got way faster.
Backups now preserve the filesystem type at time of backup. Restores will restore the appropriate filesystem type at restore.

Please update to ROM Manager 4.4.0.3 or higher and try out the new recovery!

Troubleshooting:
Flashing issues: If a recovery does not flash properly, enable erase recovery in settings and try flashing it again. Recovery flashing can be finicky at times.
Bugs: Report them to me! You can always revert back to the older recovery too from within ROM Manager!
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

allenymf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the heads up. Just flashed via rom manager without any issues.

epolaris
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I decided to flash the upgrade. The flash went perfectly. However, I can't boot into recovery while within Android. I have to power off and boot into the bootloader and then select recovery... Whenever I try to reboot to recovery via the Android UI, it reboots and hangs at the boot splash screen.. It doesn't even work if you select the option from the ROM Manager itself just hangs... I rolled back to previous version and its working again...
Possible bug??...

mackster248
Old
Thanks Meter 648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by epolaris View Post
I decided to flash the upgrade. The flash went perfectly. However, I can't boot into recovery while within Android. I have to power off and boot into the bootloader and then select recovery... Whenever I try to reboot to recovery via the Android UI, it reboots and hangs at the boot splash screen.. It doesn't even work if you select the option from the ROM Manager itself just hangs... I rolled back to previous version and its working again...
Possible bug??...
I'm not quite sure if that's a bug. Since there's a lot of internal changes, I'm assuming the path it takes from Android to CWM has changed. So maybe that's why we're stuck at the splash screen.

But that's not too big of a problem. So far it's much faster than the previous versions.
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)

bstapley
Old
Thanks Meter 9
WOW! I just did a backup of my current Rom and it literally took like 1 minute! It's WAY faster now.

bstapley
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by epolaris View Post
Possible bug??...
I'm not having that issue at all. I can reboot into recovery using the power menu within Faux's 1.3.1 rom and it works perfectly. I can't speak about other roms, but just letting you all know that Faux's latest works fine.