Samsung galaxy fit basic deodexed update.zip for ROMS !!

Search This thread

invincible authority

Jul 9, 2011
This is a basic deodexed update.zip for samsung galaxy fit XXKQ2 and DDKQ5

What does it do ?

1. Deodexes your ROM (removes .odex files and saves internal space) :D
2. Roots your phone and adds superuser.
3. If you have flashed a theme and want to revert back to default stock theme then flash it.
4. Deletes all the installed apps and retores the factory apps.

Installation :-

1. Download the file for XXKQ2 from HERE and for DDKQ5 from HERE
2. Place it in the root of the sdcard.
3. Flash it via recovery.

NOTE :-

1. Make sure you are using it on XXKQ2 or DDKQ5.

I don't know wheather it will be useful to you guys.... but I was tempted to post it as it is my first little development. :)

If it you find it useful then press the THANKS button.
And if someone finds it really useful, I can upload deodexed files of other ROMS too !!

Last edited:

Mello^

Sep 5, 2011
Hey, this is really a nice custom rom for my Galaxy Fit, thanks a lot!

Btw, can you help me out? I don't like the transparent drop down notification of the deodex. If its okay with you, can you release another rom for me without changing the original style of the drop down notification and the drawer icons? everything is great actually but i just prefer the old ones T-T

also the locker screen, there's that white border thing when you unlock the screen or set the phone in silent, can you make it the same like the stock one? can you also restore the original boot animation?

one more thing, does this rom has busybox? I'm really new to this so I'm kinda lost

I really like what you did on the notification icons at the top, it looks epic ! It's slick and nice. Man I support you for this, I'm really thankful for your work. Looking forward to some new custom roms! I'll keep an eye to this thread.

-Mello^

Last edited:

invincible authority

Jul 9, 2011
Hey, this is really a nice custom rom for my Galaxy Fit, thanks a lot!

Btw, can you help me out? I don't like the transparent drop down notification of the deodex. If its okay with you, can you release another rom for me without changing the original style of the drop down notification and the drawer icons? everything is great actually but i just prefer the old ones T-T

also the locker screen, there's that white border thing when you unlock the screen or set the phone in silent, can you make it the same like the stock one? can you also restore the original boot animation?

one more thing, does this rom has busybox? I'm really new to this so I'm kinda lost

I really like what you did on the notification icons at the top, it looks epic ! It's slick and nice. Man I support you for this, I'm really thankful for your work. Looking forward to some new custom roms! I'll keep an eye to this thread.

-Mello^

Dude... tel me did you really downloaded the above file and applied it ??

Mello^

Sep 5, 2011
Ah sorry I got the thread mixed up, anyway yeah I did download and use your custom rom as well and it's great.

Bro, can i ask how can i find ADB? i did download the Android SDK but it keeps failing the necessary needs. Also do I have to download more things in order for me to run the Android SDK and ADB well? I have Windows 7 64bit.

I'm asking you because I don't know much well about SDK and ADB and I'm gonna give it a try, I want to mod some things on my Galaxy Fit. I'll be glad to post my works if it worked well

Thanks a lot in advance mate!

-Mello^

invincible authority

Jul 9, 2011
Ah sorry I got the thread mixed up, anyway yeah I did download and use your custom rom as well and it's great.

Bro, can i ask how can i find ADB? i did download the Android SDK but it keeps failing the necessary needs. Also do I have to download more things in order for me to run the Android SDK and ADB well? I have Windows 7 64bit.

I'm asking you because I don't know much well about SDK and ADB and I'm gonna give it a try, I want to mod some things on my Galaxy Fit. I'll be glad to post my works if it worked well

Thanks a lot in advance mate!

-Mello^

You need to run sdk manager.exe and it will update the list of available packages from the internet. Then only install "android sdk platform tools revision 6" and uncheck the others. Now you can use the adb !!

In order to start the adb shell for your device do the following :
1. Connect the device to the computer. (make sure that kies is installed.. just to make sure that drivers for your device are installed)
2. Start command prompt.
3. Navigate to the platform-tools directory in your android sdk folder.
4. then type "adb shell" without quotes.

Whoa.... there you go !!

Mello^

Sep 5, 2011
You need to run sdk manager.exe and it will update the list of available packages from the internet. Then only install "android sdk platform tools revision 6" and uncheck the others. Now you can use the adb !!

In order to start the adb shell for your device do the following :
1. Connect the device to the computer. (make sure that kies is installed.. just to make sure that drivers for your device are installed)
2. Start command prompt.
3. Navigate to the platform-tools directory in your android sdk folder.
4. then type "adb shell" without quotes.

Whoa.... there you go !!
I'm kinda lost bud, I did connect the GFIT on my computer, I have KIES installed and I already downloaded the Android SDK Platform tools revision 6.

When I open start command what will I do? Should I type the address of the directory of the SDK ? When I typed " adb shell " on the command prompt, it doesn't do anything but tells me that its not a batch file or somethign like that.

really sorry -_-, I'm new to this. or can you give me screenshots step by steps?

Thanks a lot again bud!

invincible authority

Jul 9, 2011
I'm kinda lost bud, I did connect the GFIT on my computer, I have KIES installed and I already downloaded the Android SDK Platform tools revision 6.

When I open start command what will I do? Should I type the address of the directory of the SDK ? When I typed " adb shell " on the command prompt, it doesn't do anything but tells me that its not a batch file or somethign like that.

really sorry -_-, I'm new to this. or can you give me screenshots step by steps?

Thanks a lot again bud!

See.... I have this construction of folders : "c:/adb/platform-tools"... so I type in the command prompt : 1. c:\ 2. cd adb/platform-tools 3. adb shell

Now you do this as per your folder location !!!

Reactions: Mello^

raj3534

Jul 25, 2011
bhilwara
Well i gues samsung hav released sourcecode for Gb rom of galaxy fit (as per opensource.samsung.com)..hope it will be easy now for modders and developers to develop stuffs for gfit

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mello^

reikableu

Nov 8, 2011
deodexing

can you guys help me learn deodexing?

i've read and downloaded some tools but i can't seem to get it... can you give me links or tuts on how to deodex a G-Fit?

reikableu

Nov 8, 2011
This maybe a weird request, but can you make a KQ5 zip that has ext. 4 with it, so we can add CWM after flashing this?

is that even possible to make?

again, just asking...

Last edited:

varun sutar

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
PLEASE update the DDKQ5 link!!!!
its downloading the ilivid setup!!!!!
please update link!!!

or
post that damn file here in this therad!!!!
please!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a basic deodexed update.zip for samsung galaxy fit XXKQ2 and DDKQ5

What does it do ?

1. Deodexes your ROM (removes .odex files and saves internal space) :D
    2. Roots your phone and adds superuser.
    3. If you have flashed a theme and want to revert back to default stock theme then flash it.
    4. Deletes all the installed apps and retores the factory apps.

Installation :-

1. Download the file for XXKQ2 from HERE and for DDKQ5 from HERE
    2. Place it in the root of the sdcard.
    3. Flash it via recovery.

NOTE :-

1. Make sure you are using it on XXKQ2 or DDKQ5.

I don't know wheather it will be useful to you guys.... but I was tempted to post it as it is my first little development. :)

If it you find it useful then press the THANKS button.
    And if someone finds it really useful, I can upload deodexed files of other ROMS too !!

Thanks a lot again bud!

See.... I have this construction of folders : "c:/adb/platform-tools"... so I type in the command prompt : 1. c:\ 2. cd adb/platform-tools 3. adb shell

Now you do this as per your folder location !!!
    Well i gues samsung hav released sourcecode for Gb rom of galaxy fit (as per opensource.samsung.com)..hope it will be easy now for modders and developers to develop stuffs for gfit

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk