[FLASH] *Nov 11/11/11 UPDATE* Hulu hacked flash 11.1.102.59

OP bilago

31st August 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vista
Thanks Meter: 87

265 posts
More
I have took it in my own hands to hack the flash apk to allow you to watch Hulu. This is version 11.0.1.153. I have tested on Hulu.com and also youtube.com to ensure youtube still works. This is my first hack and my first apk so please install at your own risk. I do not assume responsibility for any negative effect this has on your xoom, your computer, or your life

Just install via ADB or save to your xoom and install normally.
You will need to uninstall your current version of flash for this to work.
Hulified v 11.1.102.59

**You need Root to use this application**
Last edited by bilago; 11th November 2011 at 11:10 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bilago For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2011, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 84

564 posts
More
Thanks, Bill! Trying it out as soon as I get 3.2.2 working. As you know on IRC, I'm still bootlooping. LOL.
31st August 2011, 10:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

91 posts
Thumbs up
Bilago can I tell you from the bottom of my heart how much I love you right now!!!

I'm on 3.2 and I uninstall my flash/rebooted then installed your flash and rebooted. tried it on the stock browser, xscope pro, opera, firefox and it's not working, but I just installed Dolphin HD, changed user agent to computer and BAMB!

I got HULU again.

Update: what version of youtube are you running? mine keep saying "there was a problem while playing touch to retry"
Last edited by philly0128; 31st August 2011 at 10:40 PM.
31st August 2011, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vista

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly0128

Bilago can I tell you from the bottom of my heart how much I love you right now!!!

I'm on 3.2 and I uninstall my flash/rebooted then installed your flash and rebooted. tried it on the stock browser, xscope pro, opera, firefox and it's not working, but I just installed Dolphin HD, changed user agent to computer and BAMB!

I got HULU again.

Update: what version of youtube are you running? mine keep saying "there was a problem while playing touch to retry"

I just tested the youtube app and it works fine for me, version of youtube is 3.2.3.

I also just tried hulu on stock browser, maxthon, and dolphin HD, all working. Try uninstalling flash again, uninstall adobe air, then reinstall my flash apk. Let me know how that works. I'm on #xoom as xoombill if you want to chat there.
1st September 2011, 12:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilago

I just tested the youtube app and it works fine for me, version of youtube is 3.2.3.

I also just tried hulu on stock browser, maxthon, and dolphin HD, all working. Try uninstalling flash again, uninstall adobe air, then reinstall my flash apk. Let me know how that works. I'm on #xoom as xoombill if you want to chat there.

ok false alarm, youtube is working. I was at work using their wifi and forgot that they have youtube blocked. i'm home now and it's working.

I also installed maxthon and it's working there as well. still can't get it to work on stock browser but I don't care about that.
1st September 2011, 09:06 PM   |  #6  
Flag /
Thanks Meter: 334

814 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly0128

still can't get it to work on stock browser but I don't care about that.

I believe this is because the stock browsers UA is "Android".

In order for this to work, the UA must be Desktop. You don't have the option to change that in the stock browser that comes with the Xoom.

Almost 90% sure
1st September 2011, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 81

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_fx

I believe this is because the stock browsers UA is "Android".

In order for this to work, the UA must be Desktop. You don't have the option to change that in the stock browser that comes with the Xoom.

Almost 90% sure

If you are not running one of the ROMs that sets the UA to Desktop you must manually change it each time you open the stock browser. To do this follow these steps.

1) Once the stock browser is open, type "about:debug" in the address line and hit enter. It will appear as though nothing has changed so this is normal.

2) Open the browser settings. Now you will see items such as "Dump Navigation Cache", etc.

3) Go into Settings>Debug. Here you will see UAString. You can set the UA to desktop and then hit back. This will stay until the browser is closed.

I am hoping this is accurate as I am running a ROM with this set so had to go by memory.
The Following User Says Thank You to HuckFinn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2011, 01:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Thanks for this! Everything seems to work with the exception of justin.tv. Any ideas why this won't work? I use this to watch news. I'm on tiamat hammerhead.
23rd September 2011, 07:47 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vista

265 posts
More
Quote:

I have took it in my own hands to hack the flash apk to allow you to watch Hulu. This is version 10.3.186.7. I have tested on Hulu.com and also youtube.com to ensure youtube still works. This is my first hack and my first apk so please install at your own risk. I do not assume responsibility for any negative effect this has on your xoom, your computer, or your life

Just install via ADB or save to your xoom and install normally.
You will need to uninstall your current version of flash for this to work.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/107315/Hulif...10.3.186.7.apk

Updated original post with latest version
The Following User Says Thank You to bilago For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2011, 11:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 81

356 posts
More
Quote:

Updated original post with latest version

Thank you very much! The notification to update Adobe Flash was getting annoying ;)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread