Titanium Backup 4.2.0 - Broken! Anyone else?
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
I just upgraded TiBu from 18.104.22.168 to 4.2.0. Oh, first I upgraded the key from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 (per the directions listed in the market).
On the first run, it hangs at Checking License for about 45-50 seconds, then does a force close.
I have reported this to the developer and no response yet. (3 days out.)
Here is the sequence of events that I have taken to troubleshoot the problem (it's a problem with the key, or how the key is being read by TiBu).
1. Upgraded the TiBu key from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
2. Upgraded TiBu from 22.214.171.124 to 4.2.0
3. Ran TiBu. Had the FC issue.
4. Uninstalled BOTH the key and TiBu.
5. Reinstalled the key.
6. Reinstalled TiBu.
7. Ran TiBu. Had the FC issue.
8. Removed the key.
9. Ran TiBu, No FC issue! But, now I paid $6.00+ USD for an app that doesn't work...
10. Installed the key.
11. Started a logcat recording session.
12. Started TiBu and let it run until it FC'd.
13. Stopped the logcat recording session.
14. E-mailed the logcat to the dev at firstname.lastname@example.org
I did locate a downlevel copy of TiBu (126.96.36.199) because I couldn't figure out where TiBu backed itself up when I ran the backups. (It may be due to the fact that I was trying to use the TiBu Free since TiBu Pro didn't work.)
TiBu 188.8.131.52 and the Pro key 1.1.0 work just fine. Just waiting for the Dev to get back with me.
Oh, one other note, TiBu 184.108.40.206 stopped running my scheduled backups. This was after I flashed to pastorbennett's Froyo 2.2 odin image. I don't know if the two are related, I will see if my backups run tonight... If they do, then all is good there. IDK.
I'm just hesitant to keep working on the development of my phone without a backup... Oh, crap... Don't say it... I just remembered about the Nandroid Backup through CWM Recovery... Stupid, stupid, stupid... Okay, enough of that...
01SEP2011 - 0657MDT: Okay, I received a reply from the dev, asking to send the logcat. It's been sent and we wait again.
03SEP2011 - 2004MDT: I FINALLY have a resolution, and it isn't pretty. Apparently my Continuum has a problem with memory management.
"The problem is on your ROM: there are memory management problems and many services (including Google's license manager service) are getting closed down all the time. Because of this, the license verification cannot even complete once. It's also probably the cause for the scheduling problem, by the way. We'll send a license file to you (that will work despite the memory problems) but we'd still recommend that you try a different ROM."
So, based on this, I need to go back and tweak my AMM settings some more. Probably back it off so it is not so aggressive...
Anyhow, they sent a license key file and told me to remove the market one and use the license key file. TiBu works again.