[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI] TalonMTD 0.0.3[OC/UV][Voodoo Color and Sound]
Hello Vibrant folk, happy hump day! This is TalonMTD, for CM7 and MIUI (and potentially other MTD based ROMs). This kernel has nearly all of the features of TalonDEV
--and more coming sooner than later. IMPORTANT: be'st thou careful, here there be monsters--THIS KERNEL IS UNTESTED
ON THE VIBRANT! No one in our dev channel has one. If you're good with this stuff, let me know and I'll hook you up with test builds. Lets get into the good stuff!
- Overclock up to 1440MHz/Undervolt for all frequencies (having only 5 frequencies undervolted seems most stable)
- Nexus S Framebuffer
- Voodoo Color v2 (No yellow tint!)
- Voodoo Sound v10
- Based on Linux kernel 184.108.40.206
- GPU overclock
- GPU Tweaks
- Bonus Governors: InteractiveX, Smartass, Conservative governor compiled as a module (not enableable yet)
- Bonus Schedulers: SIO, V(R), BFQ2r1, CFQ with tweaks
- Undervolted ADC and RAM
- Disabled Userspace governor
- Kangsterizer’s LED notifications
- Asynchronous I/O support
- Logcat compiled as a module, must be enabled via ‘logcat-on’
- Lowmemorykiller tweaks by kodos96
- RAM tweaks
- Readahead tweaks
- Kernel HZ set at 250
- Disabled kernel printk for less overhead
- KTLO (Keep the Lights On)
- Samsung ARM fix
- 16.25 lbs. of ext4 fixes
* While this build is heavily optimized, it is also capable of pushing your Vibrant
* much harder. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some
* research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
You can download it here...
Source code: http://existz.darkirc.info/git/?p=kernel/talonmtd.git
Join us on freenode, channel #suckerpunch for support.
Many thanks to my co-devs eXistZ, kodos96, and zacharias.maladroit/zachy_md. (original Talon thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1050206
Huge thanks to
And a great big final thanks to my testers, the great folks who put up with me breaking stuff and putting up a new build every 5 minutes, the guys who pushed me to greater heights to get stuff done:
- Vivified (the great motivator)
Wanna say thanks? Buy me a root beer
, and/or hit thanks.
Just so everyone knows, I also own an iPhone.
Like my contributions to whatever? Buy me a root beer