Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Weird buzzing sound from speakers

OP exxpired

1st September 2011, 06:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 155

529 posts
More
I keep getting awierd sound from speakers after the device has been asleep..sort of like a buzz sound..can't really explain it..but it happens when the device first makes a sound after its been sleeping..anyone know what this could be? Kernel maybe?
1st September 2011, 06:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

695 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxpired

I keep getting awierd sound from speakers after the device has been asleep..sort of like a buzz sound..can't really explain it..but it happens when the device first makes a sound after its been sleeping..anyone know what this could be? Kernel maybe?

Maybe electrical interference?
Move the tablet away from any other electronic devices (especially mobile phones) and see if it persists.
1st September 2011, 06:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 155

529 posts
More
It hasnt really been near any phones..my phone is about 1 foot away from the touchpad..I have had it closer before and it hasn't made a noise..
11th September 2011, 11:33 PM   |  #4  
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 29

131 posts
I think I know what you mean, the sound is like a short buzz or "Donk" sound. I sometimes get it when I first click on the pad or when I swipe up to close an app.
The only thing I can think of that I did was installing the increase sound patch and later removed the patch. It started after that.
13th September 2011, 06:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindewmi

I think I know what you mean, the sound is like a short buzz or "Donk" sound. I sometimes get it when I first click on the pad or when I swipe up to close an app.
The only thing I can think of that I did was installing the increase sound patch and later removed the patch. It started after that.

I got this after going through various patches, although I didn't install the sound patch. It went away for me after a few reboots.

To the OP, you may have abnormally good hearing and can hear the white noise speakers make when they're activated, try it with some other devices, see if you hear the same buzz, if not, call HP and get a replacement.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App
Last edited by NikolaiT; 13th September 2011 at 07:00 AM.
15th September 2011, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 33

306 posts
Touchpad weird sound
Ok so i just got my Touchpad 16GB yesterday and while i was playing around with it, i noticed it doing a weird sound like when those old speakers where powered on. I updated to 3.0.2 and it still does it.

Ps: Its not the WEE easteregg sound
Last edited by Adonis K.; 16th September 2011 at 02:35 AM.
16th September 2011, 01:41 AM   |  #7  
Flag Location Location.
Thanks Meter: 169

1,119 posts
Not sure what sound you mean but it shouldn't be making any noises you don't want it to. Get in touch with HP to see if they can fix it for you.
16th September 2011, 02:34 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 33

306 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troute

Not sure what sound you mean but it shouldn't be making any noises you don't want it to. Get in touch with HP to see if they can fix it for you.

Well, i bought it from ebay (from canada) so im not sure if they will even think about checking it.

It makes that sound only when its not in 'mute' and when im using it. When the screen is locked, nothing happens. It sounds like a little shutter noise of half a second length.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread