[TWEAK] S.A.S / Samsung Adrenaline Shotv6

Search This thread

dsexton702

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 14, 2011
South Lake Tahoe
Sgs4G doesnt have a miui ROM yet so I haven been able yo test that but im sure it does, make a nandroid back up before testing

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

androiderrr

Mar 30, 2011
Where is init.d folder?There is init and init.rc folder but nothing like init.d????

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

switchgott

Jan 22, 2007
Must i have ext4 partition?
Or can i use orginal samsung partition rfs.
Thanks

androiderrr

Mar 30, 2011
Init.d folder located under system/etc.But its already empty.What should i do now?Should i delete the folder too?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Desotho

Jan 7, 2011
The Hague
Installed it after clearing my Init.D folder. Everything is ok. Wondering in what way I should really notice the difference? I am on stock Deodexed JVR with TalonDev kernel. Smooth as butter, but what makes it even smoother by using this tweak?

dsexton702

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 14, 2011
South Lake Tahoe
Installed it after clearing my Init.D folder. Everything is ok. Wondering in what way I should really notice the difference? I am on stock Deodexed JVR with TalonDev kernel. Smooth as butter, but what makes it even smoother by using this tweak?

it makes the performance of the mounts better
its makes i/o much better by having the hexedited sqlites
gives you the newest fugu mod(original mod is 3.0 honeycomb, im using 3.1)

Vanto

Mar 9, 2011
Skopje
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Don't mind the numbers in Quadrant and
Look @ my sig
SGS is notable faster!

«« §tock Od-Ex JVR with ©Stock+ v1.41 on ®TW Louncher 4.5 »» @ Semaphore 1.60 boosted on AcidTweaksv6 #2900 Quadrant

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are tweaks to improve the smoothness and performance of the phone

Original Post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1236779
    Edit: I posted the an updated version of the modded Zach's script in another post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17400617&postcount=3147

Download it there if you're interested :)

Here are some explanation of what SAS/Acid Tweaks init.d scripts and tweaks are for:

The init.d scripts

06tweaks:
    - Tweaks the read ahead (already tweaked in Talon to be 256 or 512, can't remember but those two values are the most optimal for most cases - dependent on the file sizes that you have)
    - Tweaks the VM settings (most of it are tweaked in Talon, and also tweaked in Zach's script that is catered for more for Talon kernel with its ZRAM and swap)
    - Tweaks the TCP read/write buffers (Zach's script tweaks this and a few more stuff)

In Acid Tweaks, I can see these repeated with each one a different value (only the last value will be used, hence for what reason it is repeated, I do not know):
    swappiness
    dirty_ratio
    vfs_cache_pressure
    min_free_kbytes

11link2sd:
    Seems to try to mount your sd to /data/sdext2 (Too bad /data/sdext2 doesn't exist unless you create it) and it's only used for Link2SD.

s01edt_sysctl:
    Loads /etc/sysctl.conf. File doesn't exist in most ROMs (unless you create it yourself) Probably does nothing but errors out. Doesn't affect your phone though. It's like entering an invalid command.

s70_darky_zipalign:
    Tries to zipalign your APKs. Too bad, most Samsun ROMs doesn't come with the zipalign binary in /system/bin. Does nothing but errors out I guess.

s98_edt_tweaks:
    -Tweaks the scheduler queue (Zach's script also tweaks this)
    -Tries to load /system/bin/userinit.sh (also another non-existing file which god knows what it does if it exists) - Will error out if you don't have the file.

s99acideext4tweak:
    Mounts the /system, /cache and /data with nobh,noatime and barrier=0. By default voodoo lagfix mounts /cache and /system with noatime and barrier=0. /data on the other hand is mounted with barrier=1. barrier=0 and having no journaling will introduce corruption if the OS loses power before comitting data from the RAM. Example: a reboot.

s99edt_complete:
    Does a prop tweak that only works with CM7 denoting filesystem is ready? Does nothing on Samung ROMs.

The binaries

app_process/ system_server:
    These two binaries should be from FuguTweaks. Some say it results in a more smoother system.

libsqllite.so/libsqllite_jni.so:
    Not sure where this is from. Can't comment on how it affects our system.

The no_journal.sh

The no_journal.sh removes journaling in cache, data and system using tune2fs. I've seen this script before on another forum. Not sure if the author was the same person (exact same script). I lost the link :(

WARNING
    Disabling journaling on /data may corrupt your partition. Make sure that fsck is manually done at every boot. A forced power off results in data loss without journaling.

^I guess the author forgot about this?

I've been going on and on about Zach's Platypus script (modded a bit by me). I'll attach them here if anyone's curious about it. Hope Zach won't be mad with me publishing it :p For newer versions, go to Zach's CM7 thread. It's built for his kernel, but with a few tweaks here and there (for VM tweaks that are compatible with ZRAM/Swap) it'll run good for Talon.

Note: Erroring out does not mean your phone is unusable. It's like entering an invalid command in terminal emulator - i.e. does nothing.
    Looks like someone's looking to boost his rep by posting modded dupes of scripts.

Not to mention his signature :D

I'm the first to downrate this thread, does that make me cool as well? First First First.

@ so called "author" of these scripts, what is your age?

Funny how people say this ACTUALLY WORKS because their quadrantscore went up by 400. I can do that by doing the test twice.

LMAO

first, your not the first to downrate this thread :D
    second the scripts are not what make this tweak so special they are for an added touch
    third i made this for the SGS4G and it magically worked for nearly all samsung phones so excuse for not finding your phones "sweet spot" with the scripts, also never said i was the author of the scripts EXCEPT for s99acid

the reason these tweaks are powerful is the hexedited sqlites and the newest version of fugu mod original is 3.0 honeycomb the one im using is 3.1

you dont even need the scripts if you dont want its the /system/bin and /system/lib files that are most important

and im no little kid or young teenager, no need to ask for my age. my tweaks do work and speak for themselves

last thing, jelle2503= MEMBER dsexton702= RECOGNIZED DEVELOPER
    so I just create the init.d folder by myself? so need to delete anything then?

yep go to /system/etc/ then create a new folder and name it init.d
    what about ext4 no journal ?

the script disables journaling so data=writeback

so you'll be fine