Rooting & Flashing To Stock 2.1
1. Download the files below.
2. Copy "ESPRIMG.zip" to the root of your sd card on your phone
3. Extract "Super-Click 1.7" & "Mt3s Rooter" to their own folders on your computer
4. Navigate to settings on your phone. Select "Connect to Pc", choose "Charge Only"
5. Navigate to "Applications" then select "Devolpment" and make sure "USB Debugging" is on
6. Run the .exe files within each of the folders (Run .exe as Admin if your using Vista/Win7)
7. In SuperOneClick, select "Shell Root", wait for it to finish rooting
8. In the mt3gs rooter program, click on "Root Me"
You will need to turn on the phones WIFI within 30 seconds so be quick and then wait for it to restart.
9. Once your phone is rebooted it should be in BOOTLOADER Mode. Press volume down to select fastboot (If it doesnt show fastboot then select Bootloader and it will then show the menu with fastboot).
Once fastboot is highlighted, press the power button once.
It will check for ESPRIMG.zip and should show a progress bar in the top right.
After waiting a while it will ask you if you want to update, press volume up.
When it is finished it will ask to reboot, press volume up to do so. (If phone says on Mytouch circle for too long just take out the battery and restart)
If you want to put CM7 on your phone do instructions below.
Installing CM7 with Google Apps
1. Rename "update-cm-7.0.3-Slide-signed.zip" to "update.zip"
3. Copy "Update" & "gapps-gb-20110613-signed" to the root of your phone
4. Turn your phone off. Once off press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time.
5. It will look for the ESPRIMG again, after its done you will see the menu. Highlight "Recovery" and press the power button
6. A Red Triangle screen will show. Press volume up and power, then select "Wipe data/factory reset" then done do the same with "Wipe cache partition
7. After all that you will select "Apply sdcard:update.zip"
8. Select reboot system now
9. Once phone is restarted go into the app drawer and open ROM Manager.
10. Scroll down and select "Download Rom" then select install and then select the option it shows. It should say that Clockwork Mod installed.
11. Now select "Install Rom from SD Card" and select "gapps-gb-20110613-signed" and press OK twice.
It will reboot and show it installing.
Once done it will reboot again and your done. (Btw it will have you sign in and such)
DOWNLOAD THESE FILES:
HTC Espresso Stock Rom (ESPRIMG for 2.1 stock rom)-
CM7 Rom for Mytouch 3G Slide-
I pieced this together so I don't take full cred. I know this works because I did it to my phone as I typed it
If this works make sure to post it.