Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root & Install CM7 on Mytouch 3G Slide 2.2.1

Tip us?

insanityrains
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
how do you achieve s-off though? does downgrading, also downgrade your bootloader?

the goldcard app is not working, the site is down to generate keys.
No goldcard needed and s-off has been shown to be possible just google it and add xda its here somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
anybody even here anymore?

theres too many outdated rooting guides on here. i already know i cannot achieve s-off now that we accepted the OTA. i already tried to root and it went fine but the clockwork recovery will not work. also when i boot into the 2.1 rom that i downgraded to i see there is no superuser app but it appears i am rooted because most root apps work minus wireless tether. i just want root and to run a semi stock non cm7 type rooted rom. is this possible with s-on or not?

if so can someone point me in the right direction please?
Theirs no SUPERUSER program when putting on the 2.1 that's why its recommended to put on CM7 because it has everything you need to get full root. S-Off isn't root its just taking off security on things that if messed with could possibly brick your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to insanityrains For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiaBlo6662
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanityrains View Post
Some sd cards work better than others. Sandisk with a little 4 work great. Try to reformat it with a pc and I think it needs to be Fat32

Your pc is not detecting your phone. Try installing HTC Sync from the Mytouch 3Gs support page. Also make sure to run it as an administrator while being logged in on a admin account
I'm having the same issues:
"cd: can't cd to /sqlite_stmt_journals"

then after I turn wifi on and the cmd prompt goes again I get:

"./exploid not found" and " secretlol not found"

htc sync installed, Phone gets # on adb command after super one click so i know my comp is reading the phone right.
Any other suggestion?

TK_4
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU insanityrains and all who posted and gave suggestions.

I was able to get this up in running after a couple of days and I'm excited.

Had an issue with SuperOneClick 1.7 so I found SuperOneClick 2.1.1 was available. It got me a bit further but I still had the "error: protocol fault".

I was able to resolve this by opening task manager and finding the location of the adb.exe file it was calling. The incorrect one was being called in the HTC synch folder.

To quickly fix I just renamed the adb.exe and then it picked up the one in the SuperOneClick2.1.1 folder and I was able to get it rooted.

Thanks Again....
The Following User Says Thank You to TK_4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

insanityrains
Old
(Last edited by insanityrains; 7th September 2011 at 09:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo6662 View Post
I'm having the same issues:
"cd: can't cd to /sqlite_stmt_journals"

then after I turn wifi on and the cmd prompt goes again I get:

"./exploid not found" and " secretlol not found"

htc sync installed, Phone gets # on adb command after super one click so i know my comp is reading the phone right.
Any other suggestion?
You might have the same issue as others which is that their are more than 1 adb services installed on your computer and they are conflicting and not letting the ones that need to run access to your phone

Seannoxious
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Rooting & Flashing To Stock 2.1

1. Download the files below.

2. Copy "ESPRIMG.zip" to the root of your sd card on your phone

3. Extract "Super-Click 1.7" & "Mt3s Rooter" to their own folders on your computer

4. Navigate to settings on your phone. Select "Connect to Pc", choose "Charge Only"

5. Navigate to "Applications" then select "Devolpment" and make sure "USB Debugging" is on

6. Run the .exe files within each of the folders (Run .exe as Admin if your using Vista/Win7)

7. In SuperOneClick, select "Shell Root", wait for it to finish rooting

8. In the mt3gs rooter program, click on "Root Me"
You will need to turn on the phones WIFI within 30 seconds so be quick and then wait for it to restart.

9. Once your phone is rebooted it should be in BOOTLOADER Mode. Press volume down to select fastboot (If it doesnt show fastboot then select Bootloader and it will then show the menu with fastboot).
Once fastboot is highlighted, press the power button once.
It will check for ESPRIMG.zip and should show a progress bar in the top right.
After waiting a while it will ask you if you want to update, press volume up.
When it is finished it will ask to reboot, press volume up to do so. (If phone says on Mytouch circle for too long just take out the battery and restart)
If you want to put CM7 on your phone do instructions below.

Installing CM7 with Google Apps

1. Rename "update-cm-7.0.3-Slide-signed.zip" to "update.zip"

3. Copy "Update" & "gapps-gb-20110613-signed" to the root of your phone

4. Turn your phone off. Once off press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time.

5. It will look for the ESPRIMG again, after its done you will see the menu. Highlight "Recovery" and press the power button

6. A Red Triangle screen will show. Press volume up and power, then select "Wipe data/factory reset" then done do the same with "Wipe cache partition

7. After all that you will select "Apply sdcard:update.zip"

8. Select reboot system now

9. Once phone is restarted go into the app drawer and open ROM Manager.

10. Scroll down and select "Download Rom" then select install and then select the option it shows. It should say that Clockwork Mod installed.

11. Now select "Install Rom from SD Card" and select "gapps-gb-20110613-signed" and press OK twice.
It will reboot and show it installing.
Once done it will reboot again and your done. (Btw it will have you sign in and such)

DOWNLOAD THESE FILES:

SuperOneClick 1.7-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1298565480

Mt3s Rooter-
http://www.fileserve.com/file/y8yFvWb

HTC Espresso Stock Rom (ESPRIMG for 2.1 stock rom)-
http://www.4shared.com/file/OsmF_ZD7/ESPRIMG.html

CM7 Rom for Mytouch 3G Slide-
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/...ide-signed.zip

Google Apps-
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb...613-signed.zip

I pieced this together so I don't take full cred. I know this works because I did it to my phone as I typed it
If this works make sure to post it.
Is it just me or does anyone else get a corrupted mt3srooter.zip i can not find one that will extract properly to save my life. Is there an alternative? Can you host it elsewhere?

jager555
Old
Thanks Meter 770
I can email it to you if you really need it. Pm me your email and let me know what you need

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
If I helped you, the thanks button is very much appreciated.

empyre
Old
(Last edited by empyre; 20th September 2011 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
never mind got it working,Thanks for O.P

lordstein
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
No goldcard needed and s-off has been shown to be possible just google it and add xda its here somewhere.

Theirs no SUPERUSER program when putting on the 2.1 that's why its recommended to put on CM7 because it has everything you need to get full root. S-Off isn't root its just taking off security on things that if messed with could possibly brick your phone.
there is no way to also downgrade the version of bootloader and from hboot 1.02 (2.2.1 oficial rom) to 0.5 (oficial 2.1rom).
in this way we can make the s-off, from alpharev.

theynuts
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I tried to download the Mt3s rooter file but , it sent me to a blank page and then told me to try again in 1200 seconds when i refreshed the page. I did that and the blank page still came up. Can someone who has a copy of the file email me it please.

caboose1133
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is there a way to reverse this? it kinda messed up my phone and i wish i hadnt done it now lol, for one thing all the contact info that was on my sd card arnt showing up now and idr like any of the numbers.