Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wierd Recovery screen after CWM installation

Tip us?

frankus0512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Wierd Recovery screen after CWM installation

Hi All,

Hope you are well. I just flashed the CWM recovery to a locked tab using ODIN, and upon doing POWER + VOL(-) and getting into the recovery, for some reason the screen with all the menu to do wipes/install just seems to be scrolling all over the place.

When I re-flash the stock recovery back using ODIN, the screen is fine again. Tried both 4.0.0.4 and also the 3.2.0.1 versions, with not much luck.

Has anyone had a similar incident? Is there anything I can do? I wanted to try and flash my custom boot.img.

Thanks heaps in advance!!!.

frankus0512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hi Folks,

Hope you are well - wasn't sure if anyone has come across this - but anyone seen the Recovery mode flickering / scrolling when flashed on a locked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Thanks again!

TECK
Old
Axivo Developer
Thanks Meter 283
I'm using CWM 4.0.0.4 on my locked P7510, works as intended.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1171089
Floren Munteanu
Axivo Inc.

frankus0512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks yqed,

For some reason when I have CWM 4.0.0.4, and when I reboot into the recovery mode - CWM shows up - but the screen keeps on flickering / scrolling / refreshing all over the place.

I'm wondering if there is something different in my Retail Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI vs. the others - I bought mine from Korea (retail). Appears that I have kernel version 2.6.36.3 instead of .4 and the build is EH14.

Thanks.

mroneeyedboh
Old
Thanks Meter 470
I to get some lag while using the cmw...

Sent from my Galaxy Tab!

limenless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
+1

I have a Korean 32Gb wifi Galaxy Tab 10.1, and my CWM Recovery also starts having a seizure when I boot into it. It still seems to be working fine, but it is nearly impossible to use.

I would really like to know what causes this issue.

frankus0512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks limenless,

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know if CWM 5 might potentially fix this - seens some thread with regards to this.

I was going to try and wipe the dalvik cache, and others, but seeing the screen is almost impossible to use in recovery mode, having a bit of difficulty there.

Any advice is much appreciated - if you need dumps and others, happy to provide - as long as I get some instructions...

Thanks.

castiel19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankus0512 View Post
Thanks limenless,

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know if CWM 5 might potentially fix this - seens some thread with regards to this.

I was going to try and wipe the dalvik cache, and others, but seeing the screen is almost impossible to use in recovery mode, having a bit of difficulty there.

Any advice is much appreciated - if you need dumps and others, happy to provide - as long as I get some instructions...

Thanks.
Any luck bro? having same problem here..

Please help.. i realy want to root my tab 10.1

Benzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel19 View Post
Any luck bro? having same problem here..

Please help.. i realy want to root my tab 10.1
Are you using the cwm5?
I'M just curious if so and you still get issues.
Sorry I can't really help.

If you can read this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wi-Fi

If I have helped you in any way Please use the "Thanks" button.

wtgserpant
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Lightbulb HOPING solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankus0512 View Post
Hi All,

Hope you are well. I just flashed the CWM recovery to a locked tab using ODIN, and upon doing POWER + VOL(-) and getting into the recovery, for some reason the screen with all the menu to do wipes/install just seems to be scrolling all over the place.

When I re-flash the stock recovery back using ODIN, the screen is fine again. Tried both 4.0.0.4 and also the 3.2.0.1 versions, with not much luck.

Has anyone had a similar incident? Is there anything I can do? I wanted to try and flash my custom boot.img.

Thanks heaps in advance!!!.
Did you try CMW 5? Preshoot has a tutorial in the development section, its pretty simple just follow it and I think and hope that your issue would be solved!