Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Game] Helm Knight

Tip us?

The_R
Old
(Last edited by The_R; 9th September 2011 at 08:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Cool [Game] Helm Knight

Helm Knight is a 2D side scrolling action/adventure platformer, named after the helmet-headed protagonist. Help Helm Knight defeat the evil tribe from taking control of the magic crystals and bringing chaos to the lands.

Guide Helm Knight through 15 challenging levels by helping him run, jump, hack, slash and cast magic to avoid the various dangers that await him and secure the crystals to save the lands.

Fight different types of enemies which include goo-monsters, snakes, carnivorous plants, blobs, ice monsters and the evil tribal warriors.

Collect potions to replenish health and magic points.Collect gold coins to unlock spells like fire, poison and snow and make Helm Knight strong enough for the final showdown against the evil lord of the tribals. An option for tilt controls has also been included in case you experience trouble with multitouch on your phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe99gMpKmU

Helm Knight is available free on the android market. Please rate and comment.
Thanks

EDIT:

Market Links:

market://details?id=rnarang.android.games.helmknight

https://market.android.com/details?i...mes.helmknight

EDIT:

GetJar link:

http://www.getjar.com/Helm-Knight
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rockstar_7
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Nice! Reminds me of retro games...

I just downloaded and tried it on my LG Optimus One...
It's quite satisfying actually, feels like an Action RPG, although its just a platforming game.

However, its pretty punishing at times -- kinda reminds me of Demon's Souls!!

And my phone has a semi-multitouch screen, so... it gets really hard to control, even with the accelerometer..

Anyway..
Thanks for a great game!

P.S. Gave you a 5-star rating on the Android Market
The Following User Says Thank You to rockstar_7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The_R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the feedback and the rating

Bygones
Old
Thanks Meter 12
My only complaint is that it is pretty hard to see whats coming at you. The overlay of the attack/jump buttons are on the same level as the ground. I see that you can see through them, but I felt that wasn't enough.

I found myself hitting enemies without even knowing they were there, so I found myself moving a little forward and stopping, moving some more and stopping. Which I don't think is how you intended to have the game played.

I would suggest finding a way to handle this, maybe a different layout on the screen, right now it seems the buttons make up 30%+ of my screen(I have a G2). I notice some games make the buttons completely invisible after a time, reasoning being is that you learn where to press the screen. (although those games usually have less buttons then you do).

Overall it was a pretty smooth game, nice graphics and animations. Good job!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bygones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The_R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for your feedback. I'll solve this problem in the coming update.

soul3n
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Pretty frustrating game haha.

Could there be checkpoints in the game?

And sometimes when you get hurt and you're flashing, pressing the jump button doesn't execute the jump. I've died a couple of times to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to soul3n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iynfynity
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Can I ask what game engine are you using?
"Did you know every time you make a troll comment an android phone is activated?"

The_R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul3n View Post
Pretty frustrating game haha.

Could there be checkpoints in the game?

And sometimes when you get hurt and you're flashing, pressing the jump button doesn't execute the jump. I've died a couple of times to this.
Hey thanks for your feedback. I have been asked to keep checkpoints by another user too. I'll try to do something about that. I did not notice the jumping while flashing issue before. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks for your feedback. Can you please leave a rating on the market if possible?

May I also know what phone you played the game on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iynfynity View Post
Can I ask what game engine are you using?

Hey. This is my own custom engine/framework

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 603
-I gave the game 4 stars its not bad for a free game, but the controls are kinda in the way while playing. It ran flawless on my glacier.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The_R
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12unk13astard View Post
-I gave the game 4 stars its not bad for a free game, but the controls are kinda in the way while playing. It ran flawless on my glacier.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
Thanks. Do you think that the in-game buttons are unnecessarily big on your phone? Or is it just that the layout gets in the way?

Right now the buttons scale along with everything else in game based on the size of the device's display. So on a tablet it would be really blown up and kind of far apart I guess.

I am thinking of keeping it a standard size irrespective of the device's display size. In other words, the in game buttons would be the same size on a huge screen and a small screen.

Tags
action, adventure, luigi, mario, zelda