Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Branded T-Mobile UK Samsung GLXY S 2

Tip us?

fetally
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Branded T-Mobile UK Samsung GLXY S 2

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy s 2 on T-mobile here in the UK. Obvisously it came with T-mobile's version of Android 2.3.3 . When the phone starts up or shuts down, it displays T-mobile's logo wallpaper.

The phones has an option to search for updates, but it can never connect to the server.

It does not have the option to sign into the Samsung account, it does not exist on my handset, only Google account and the usual facebook and others options.

As a result of this I don't have the option to use Samsung's mobile tracker. For those unsure google samsungdive.

I don't need to use other networks on my handset, just T-mobile. T-mobile have removed the tracking option so this is why I want to put Samsung's software on my phone.

My question or what I want to do is this:

1)Remove the current T-mobile Android software from my phone and install Samsung's Android firmware.

2)Have the option of signing into Samsung's account from my phone and be able to use Samsung's tracker.

3)Be able to update to the latest updates as and when available.

Please advise me as to what I have to do or what my best options are.

Thanks very much!

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 507
I would flash the stock version of JVR and use a custom kernel like semaphore etc

Sent using geek power

sahidmiah
Old
Thanks Meter 36
My friend can you tell which modem u r using on t mobile. Or baseband

fetally
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Baseband version:

I9100BOKG1

I Spoke to Samsung about this and they said because I got the phone through my contract with T-Mobile, T-Mobile have played around with the software and some features are not present compared with buying the phone sim free with the Original Samsung software.

They said if I remove current software and put Generic Samsung software I will void warranty on the phone.

What do you think about this?

Thanks

buttwad
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'd flash anyway mate, worse case scenario is if you get a fault, you can reset to factory using ODIN. Plus, I have a t-mobile s1 and it was flashed day of purchase from t-mobile, and even if you ring them, they aint really too bothered if its been flashed. Example, I flashed my brothers which played up, he rang t-mobile told them it was flashed they said well done, and would replace it if I couldnt sort it.....which I did.
In a nutshell....flash and dont look back!! Its really quite hard to'kill' an android phone!!
Tags
galaxy s 2 branded, t-mobile firmware