Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 47,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mytouch 4G Slide + Palm Touchstone = ?

Tip us?

irsuv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Location: The middle of Surban White-Boy Gang Territory, Mass
Default [Q] Mytouch 4G Slide + Palm Touchstone = ?

I bought a Palm Touchstone inductive charger almost a year ago off the clearence rack intending to mod my then Touch Pro 2 to use it. I planed to wire it into the charging jack, but I couldn't bring my self to take it apart and break the warinty seal. Now that I have the My Touch 4G Slide and it is compatible with the powermat. I already own the touchstone. and ripped the inductive coil out of a Palm Pre touchstone battery door, Does anybody know where the contacts for the contacts for the Powermat Cover are?

PS: I read the other threads where this is done. This phone I think can be done WITHOUT VOIDING YOUR WARINTY. Any help would be nice. If you want to bash, save us both the trouble. Don't post anything, just move on to another thread.

ylam310
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The powermat battery cover has 4 contacts. On the back of the phone, they pair with the 4 contacts between the sim card and the micro sd card.

irsuv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I figured as much. I don't think a multimeter willl be any help because it is a input, not a output. Just which one it the 4 silver dots is the positive the negative and maybe the ground. Judging by the closeness of the two groups of contacts, each group of two is just one big contact. just might have to go to the t-mobile store, buy a powermat and do it that way. I am trying to avoid buying alot because I already have alot of the pieces

irsuv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just bought a powermat. Here comes the part where I figure out what pin does what and the voltage and current for said pin.
Tags
hardware mod, inductive, powermat, touchstone