No registration required

How to reroot after the B&N 1.3 update

OP doncaruana

23rd September 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny15

Well, this whole 1.3 BN update has me completely frustrated. I've followed the directions in the first post exactly and cannot get this to work at all. 4.6.16a completely breaks my market forcing me to revert back to 4.5.18.
Also, I now have issues installing apps I had before because of the limited Market visibility issues. This has also cause some of my purchased apps from the Amazon App store to no longer show up as compatible with my Nook....
Wish I could just go away from the stock OS but can't because my kids love the Kids nook books....

I'm in the same boat. I'm assuming that there's no permanent, reliable fix yet to get market access using 1.3 and 4.6.16 as everything I've tried (including side-loading 1.3 then running 4.6.18 and/or 4.6.16) hasn't worked.
23rd September 2011, 10:04 PM   |  #122  
Flag East Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 14

95 posts
Fpga_guy:

The zip file on my nc main drive is there. The nc would not go to sleep nor install the file. Also, cwm said the file was corrupted when i tried to install that way. How did you get it going with your nc already rooted? Thanks.

Sent from my NookColor eReader Tablet
23rd September 2011, 10:38 PM   |  #123  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutton

Fpga_guy:

The zip file on my nc main drive is there. The nc would not go to sleep nor install the file. Also, cwm said the file was corrupted when i tried to install that way. How did you get it going with your nc already rooted? Thanks.

I side-loaded 1.3 from the B&N site a few days ago. The steps are dead-simple.

1) download 1.3 to your computer.
2) plug in your NC to your coputer. Drag 1.3 over to the root folder of your nook.
3) after about 5 min. my NC shut down (I assume it had been installing all that time with USB mode still on).
4) I had 1.3 so I then nootered it, then 4.6.18 and 4.6.16'd it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jnmoriginpoint For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2011, 02:47 AM   |  #124  
Flag East Tennessee

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmoriginpoint

I side-loaded 1.3 from the B&N site a few days ago. The steps are dead-simple.

1) download 1.3 to your computer.
2) plug in your NC to your coputer. Drag 1.3 over to the root folder of your nook.
3) after about 5 min. my NC shut down (I assume it had been installing all that time with USB mode still on).
4) I had 1.3 so I then nootered it, then 4.6.18 and 4.6.16'd it.

Thanks. I did that, but will try again!

24th September 2011, 02:44 PM   |  #125  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutton

Thanks. I did that, but will try again!

Could be your install file is corrupt. Sorry if it sounds obvious, but you didn't extract your zip right? It should remain as a zip file on the NC when you transfer it over.
24th September 2011, 06:23 PM   |  #126  
Flag East Tennessee

95 posts
Quote:

Could be your install file is corrupt. Sorry if it sounds obvious, but you didn't extract your zip right? It should remain as a zip file on the NC when you transfer it over.

Thanks. Tried twice. Guess it is like everything else with the nc. May or may not work. Will try again.

Edited: Can not get the update to flash... bad file error everytime.
Last edited by gsutton; 27th September 2011 at 05:20 PM.
24th September 2011, 07:46 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
Quote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm assuming that there's no permanent, reliable fix yet to get market access using 1.3 and 4.6.16 as everything I've tried (including side-loading 1.3 then running 4.6.18 and/or 4.6.16) hasn't worked.

I think this is a true statement. I have searched and have not found anyone with a rooted stock 1.3 with a fully working and populated market. I have also tried all the CM7 suggested fixes as well as the fix that includes clearing the data from Google Framework Services. So far, nothing works but I am hoping someone will come up with something. There are a lot of fans of the rooted stock that require and desire the B&N features.
The Following User Says Thank You to hikersc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2011, 03:33 AM   |  #128  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikersc

I think this is a true statement. I have searched and have not found anyone with a rooted stock 1.3 with a fully working and populated market. I have also tried all the CM7 suggested fixes as well as the fix that includes clearing the data from Google Framework Services. So far, nothing works but I am hoping someone will come up with something. There are a lot of fans of the rooted stock that require and desire the B&N features.

Thank god! While I'm sorry you too have problems, I'm glad somebody else seems to have the same feeling I have. I posted in the Q&A forum asking basically that - "Was there a reliable fix?" (and got shot down for not reading enough threads....lolz....I read dozens of threads completely and tried every bloody combination of things to get market). To me, it seems like everybody's got a slightly different problem and nobody has a Market that works across the board like back with B&N [1.2] with mNooter. It may just be part of Google's whole 'ID the device on the market before installing' thing they tried....frustrating. Hopefully some smart cookie in the community will have a "AHA!" moment. Until then my Nook is just a reader.
25th September 2011, 03:31 PM   |  #129  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I spent the about 4 days trying to get this to work, and after getting stuck in boot loops for three of them, I finally found a procedure that worked without problems (thank god for CWM backups, otherwise i would have thrown this piece of **** out the window):
  1. Update to 1.2 stock with nemith's update zip
  2. Sideload the 1.3 update and let it install
  3. Root with 4.5.18
  4. Sign into market, but don't let it download the Adobe Flash update
  5. Install Titanium Backup and remove both Adobe Flash & Adobe Air
  6. Go back into market and install Adobe Flash
  7. Reboot into CWM and apply 4.6.16a
  8. Success

Thanks to jadehawk in this thread who set me on the right path.

Now, just like everyone else, time to get the market working.
The Following User Says Thank You to asveepay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2011, 10:18 PM   |  #130  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 15

189 posts
More
Rooted 1.3 with MN X.X.X
10 chars......
Last edited by wpnyc2009; 6th October 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: my bad; rebooted now seems ok.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread