Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 47,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] [UNLOCK/ROOT] EVO 3D GSM Hboot 1.49.0011> + S-On [HTC Unlock method]

Tip us?

akac89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok guys i think i will need some more help with this unlocking bootloaders and root for htc, and i am sorry for bothering you. i just went from sgs1 to evo 3d in europe and my model is gsm one. i am on android over 2 years and with samsung rooting instaling romes and kernels is realy simple, btw as i see (for me) this htc way is hell. if anyone have a little time i will answer some questions.

1. i got gsm model evo 3d in europe and when i go for unlock bootloaders (htc-dev site) i find 3 versions of evos 3d there (emea, rogers, sprint). whitch one i chose there coz my operator is telenor europe (i used their gsm card, but phone as phone is simfree) , and is there any difference? (sry for my horrible english)

2. what is button combination for recovery? on other android devices i used is vol up + home button + power but here phone just turn on (and this one do it rely fast).

3. how do i enter in bootloader mode?

this 3 answers i rely need to do anything here. i am sory for this bothering you but anyway i am not new in android, just new in htc. hope i will find some help here

thx from new htc user. (and sry for this funny english :P)

bimboy56
Old
Thanks Meter 29
@akac
1. Choose EMEA
2 & 3. Vol down and power, you can get to bootloader and recovery from there. Be sure to turn off fastboot from power.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to bimboy56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stylohaku
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akac89 View Post
ok guys i think i will need some more help with this unlocking bootloaders and root for htc, and i am sorry for bothering you. i just went from sgs1 to evo 3d in europe and my model is gsm one. i am on android over 2 years and with samsung rooting instaling romes and kernels is realy simple, btw as i see (for me) this htc way is hell. if anyone have a little time i will answer some questions.

1. i got gsm model evo 3d in europe and when i go for unlock bootloaders (htc-dev site) i find 3 versions of evos 3d there (emea, rogers, sprint). whitch one i chose there coz my operator is telenor europe (i used their gsm card, but phone as phone is simfree) , and is there any difference? (sry for my horrible english)

2. what is button combination for recovery? on other android devices i used is vol up + home button + power but here phone just turn on (and this one do it rely fast).

3. how do i enter in bootloader mode?

this 3 answers i rely need to do anything here. i am sory for this bothering you but anyway i am not new in android, just new in htc. hope i will find some help here

thx from new htc user. (and sry for this funny english :P)
Hi akac89, welcome to Evo 3D.

Hope this help

1. Choose EMEA, if not working then you can choose "Other Devices" as well.
2. To enter recovery mode, you need to turn off, make sure your USB cable is not connected (because it will reboot when you press vol - & power button), press vol - first (don't let go), and then press power button until the bootloader screen turn on. To access recovery, select "recovery" in the bootloader mode (not fastboot mode) and you should be able to access recovery.
3. Answer in no.2 above, press vol- button and then power button.
Did I Help You? Appreciate a Thanks .

Device: HTC Evo 3D x515m
Root: Downgrade from Hboot 1.49.0011 to 1.49.0007, S-OFF using Revolutionary I0 (finally!)
Roms: Ganii's ICS V 1.3
Kernel: Cayniarb_Miui ICS Stock
History: Nokia 3310 > Nokia 1100 > Nokia NGage > Motorola L3 > Motorola L7 > Motorola V3 Razr > Samsung SGHD900 > Sony Ericsson x10i > HTC Evo 3D x515m

akac89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you guys, this was very helpful. i done unlocking bootloaders and i think i kinda understand how htc work . no odin here i think i know how to instal cwm and root phone from explanation on 1 post so i very thankful for this.

have a nice day guys and tx

BRK666
Old
Thanks Meter 48
hello guys, i'm new to android an i have same questions. Before i unlock/root i want to backup my data and i i'm wodering if i can use Titanium Backup (or any other app). In this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1218193 (tutorial from The Droid Demos) it is posible to do a temp unlock/root to backup data, but it's not for HTC EVO 3D GSM.
thx guys

Amphel
Old
(Last edited by Amphel; 12th February 2012 at 07:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry about the negativity, probarbly my own fault - this works only for phones with 1.49.0011 or below right? this method made my evo 3d (1.49.0018) caught up in a endless boot loop (I can see the HTC logo for 15-20 seconds, then it restarts over and over)

I used CWM v4.0.1.4 to install custom ROM after the htcdev method, and installing "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed" ... I feel I've tried evrything and can't get mye phone back on. Sooooo mutch pain for misunderstanding the > symbol

I can get to hboot/fastboot (USB) and into the revolutionary cwmtool

anyone think they can lead me on to something good here?

Now I'm stuck with an old SE- W880i PLEASE HELP ME!

bimboy56
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK666 View Post
hello guys, i'm new to android an i have same questions. Before i unlock/root i want to backup my data and i i'm wodering if i can use Titanium Backup (or any other app). In this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1218193 (tutorial from The Droid Demos) it is posible to do a temp unlock/root to backup data, but it's not for HTC EVO 3D GSM.
thx guys
Hi,

Try My Backup Pro or Astro File Manager.

Amphel
Old
(Last edited by Amphel; 12th February 2012 at 07:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveruthless View Post
before you flash the rom:
open the zip file you download and copy boot.img file to your sdk tool and flash it using adb/cmd
after that you can normally flash the rom using CWM recovery..hope this can help you without stuck at htc logo.
I LOVE YOU MAN! after reading for 4 days straight and at the edge of giving up, YOU solved my problem! If I knew you I would hug you and give you a big kiss on the cheek!

sbmnet
Old
Thanks Meter 2
all done unlocked recovery done but in my fone fastboot-bootoader- recovry - can't get recovery device going to startup.....
plssssss any one to help me...
thanks...

Rucifel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
after finishing these,what to do next to get s-off?