The problem is that custom ROM's, especially non-sense one's have the wrong NTP Server set.
Here are some steps in order to get your gps accurately:
1. Go to http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/ and search for active servers in your area
2. Get a file manager that allows you to change system files
3. Go to /system/etc/gps.conf
4. Edit gps.conf and change NTP server to the one you've find in first step.
5. Save the changes, then reboot
6. Get from Market GPS Status & Toolbox
7. Open the app, click on Tools->Manage A-GPS-> Reset
8. Then click again on Tools->Manage A-GPS->Download
9. Enjoy your faster gps now.
For those that the fixes above do not work, head over to the HD2 area http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=953630 and get your flashable zip from there. They are splitted into regions are areas.