Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

Tip us?

ILUHA_89
Old
(Last edited by ILUHA_89; 7th September 2011 at 07:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Post [ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

This method necessary!
If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!

Download ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey
Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS
Download APX driver: http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted

Installation Instructions:
  1. Download both files
  2. Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
  5. Insert the USB cable
  6. Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
    • Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
    • Right click on the APX device
    • Select 'Update driver software'
    • Select 'Let me pick...'
    • Select 'Have disk'
    • Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
    • Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
    • Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
    • Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
    • If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
    • Unplug everything
  7. Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
  8. Insert USB cable
  9. open your ROM folder:
  10. Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
  11. After the logo appears on the LG phone
  12. Unplug USB cable
  13. Insert the battery
  14. enjoy!

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update
The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to ILUHA_89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smallsmx3
Old
Thanks Meter 308
I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Smallsmx3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phburks
Old
(Last edited by overground; 6th September 2011 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 166
Can't wait to check this out when I get home later. Regarding the kdz file, what exactly were you able to unpack from it? I've been able to extract 2 files (a very large .wbd file and a .dll file) but I couldn't figure out how to unpack them further, specifically the .wdb file.
The Following User Says Thank You to phburks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jboxer
Old
(Last edited by jboxer; 4th September 2011 at 04:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUHA_89 View Post
I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created BAT file!
Can you post the DLL for the G2X so we can use the LG Utilities to unpack KDZ files for this device please. So far we have been unable to get the proper DLL that enables us to unpack these files. If you unpacked the KDZ you must have the DLL unless you used another method to extract the files from the KDZ. Please elaborate on how you accomplished this. Both phburks and I have been working on this and so far we have had no success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallsmx3 View Post
I'm confused as to what this is? I'm guessing stock rom flash through nv flash? Kind of like odin for samsung phones?

It is for people that have mucked up their phones to the point where LG Updater and KDZ Flash are not possible. This can be caused by many issues including, but not limited to, people flashing the O2X baseband to a G2X device. This method is purported to flash the entire Gingerbread ROM at the lowest possible hardware level. Hopefully this method is legit, but nobody has confirmed they have done it yet with the exception of the OP. Yes it is similar to ODIN for the Samsung but operating at an even lower level. With the NVFlash capability Tegra2 devices are virtually unbrickable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jboxer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ILUHA_89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer View Post
Can you post the DLL for the G2X so we can use the LG Utilities to unpack KDZ files for this device please. So far we have been unable to get the proper DLL that enables us to unpack these files. If you unpacked the KDZ you must have the DLL unless you used another method to extract the files from the KDZ. Please elaborate on how you accomplished this. Both phburks and I have been working on this and so far we have had no success.

It is for people that have mucked up their phones to the point where LG Updater and KDZ Flash are not possible. This can be caused by many issues including, but not limited to, people flashing the O2X baseband to a G2X device. This method is purported to flash the entire Gingerbread ROM at the lowest possible hardware level. Hopefully this method is legit, but nobody has confirmed they have done it yet with the exception of the OP. Yes it is similar to ODIN for the Samsung but operating at an even lower level. With the NVFlash capability Tegra2 devices are virtually unbrickable.
You described it right!
This method has helped resurrect my device!

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroT| Demented View Post
So the point of this utility if it works is to make the g2x un f***able like even if u do u can fix?

Yes. It is almost as good as JTAG flashing the device. For Galaxy S devices using ODIN you still have to have the 'software download' mode working in the ROM and it is possible to brick a Galaxy S beyond the point of even getting this mode to be accessible leaving you the only way to fix the device through disassembling it and flashing via the JTAG pads. Using the NVFlash method you are flashing directly to the hardware through they Hynix flashing chip. I had another phone with a similar capability (I-Mobile i858 - Yuhua Touchstone device) and no matter how badly I F'd it up (I was developing custom roms for it) I had the similar low level flashing tool that could reflash the phone to stock so I could start over with a clean slate. If this method is legit, this is a big boon to the dev community for this device.

ILUHA_89
Old
(Last edited by ILUHA_89; 4th September 2011 at 05:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:

After trying to firmware device with program KDZ or LG Mobile Update in folder C: \ ... \ Aplication Data \ folder appears "LGMOBILEAX" which contains the firmware files!
That's All
The Following User Says Thank You to ILUHA_89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUHA_89 View Post
After trying to firmware device with program KDZ in folder C: \ ... \ Aplication Data \ folder appears "LGMOBILEAX" which contains the firmware files!
That's All
So you got them after the LG Updater extracted the KDZ into its component files. phburks and I didn't get that far as we didn't want to connect our already updated devices to the updater. To get to the point you did where you could grab the individual files you would have had to click the start update button. Good work.

I have 7-zip on my computer but I am unable to open up the file I just downloaded. Can you put it in another format and upload to megaupload or mediafire please? I don't want to go through that Russian site again as I got an invalid download. Also, please post the baseband file as a separate download.
The Following User Says Thank You to jboxer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phburks
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
So you got them after the LG Updater extracted the KDZ into its component files. phburks and I didn't get that far as we didn't want to connect our already updated devices to the updater. To get to the point you did where you could grab the individual files you would have had to click the start update button. Good work.

I have 7-zip on my computer but I am unable to open up the file I just downloaded. Can you put it in another format and upload to megaupload or mediafire please? I don't want to go through that Russian site again as I got an invalid download. Also, please post the baseband file as a separate download.
I downloaded the 7-zip file to the sdcard on my phone but I won't be home to try opening it for several hours because I'm at seaworld. Lol

Hopefully you guys can get this sorted out. Sounds promising so far.

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post
I downloaded the 7-zip file to the sdcard on my phone but I won't be home to try opening it for several hours because I'm at seaworld. Lol

Hopefully you guys can get this sorted out. Sounds promising so far.
I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow as it is 11:31 p.m. here and time to go to bed. :-O ZZZzzzzz