Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH

Tip us?

apicia
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Edit: Great Job on this. Restored my phone back to stock. I am definitely saving this program for later brickage usage! Thanks.

apicia
Old
(Last edited by apicia; 16th May 2012 at 05:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboxer View Post
Yes. It will flash recovery back to stock.
I love this tool! This compiled NVFlash formats, then installs the stock ROM (v21e) and recovery. Can the 2.3.3 ROM be replaced with the new 2.3.4 ROM (v21y)? I have the new baseband now and when I run this, it is mismatched (2.3.3 with March 2012 baseband). No good.

With everyone that upgraded to 2.3.4 and the March 2012 baseband, this tool would be greatly needed and appreciated if it installed stock recovery AND the v21y 2.3.4 update!

kesara
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apicia View Post
I love this tool! This compiled NVFlash formats, then installs the stock ROM (v21e) and recovery. Can the 2.3.3 ROM be replaced with the new 2.3.4 ROM (v21y)? I have the new baseband now and when I run this, it is mismatched (2.3.3 with March 2012 baseband). No good.

With everyone that upgraded to 2.3.4 and the March 2012 baseband, this tool would be greatly needed and appreciated if it installed stock recovery AND the v21y 2.3.4 update!
Yes you can flash 2.3.4 ROM over this. Following the instructions in the OP of v21y thread

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
PHONE..... T-Mobile® G2x™ with Google™(LG - P999WD)
ROM
...... OTA Stock v21y 2.3.4 GRJ22 - Rooted
OS
....... Android 2.3.4 LG-P999-V21y
KERNEL
... Linux 2.6.32.9 LGE GB Faux 014b2
Other
.... Nemus launcher

The Following User Says Thank You to kesara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apicia
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesara View Post
Yes you can flash 2.3.4 ROM over this. Following the instructions in the OP of v21y thread

You would need CWM to do this? I want an NVFlash that formats, and then flashes the 2.3.4 ROM and the stock recovery. That way, if you have the March 2012 baseband, you are a few clicks from being completely stock with the latest firmware/software.

kesara
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by apicia View Post
You would need CWM to do this? I want an NVFlash that formats, and then flashes the 2.3.4 ROM and the stock recovery. That way, if you have the March 2012 baseband, you are a few clicks from being completely stock with the latest firmware/software.
You may be able to do a ADB push try this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...thout-sd-card/

But CWM is the most reliable. Not sure why you would want all stock including recovery. CWM allows you to have nandroid backups which can save your day. What I have is all stock except CWM.
ROM
OS
KERNEL
Other
.... Nemus launcher

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You may be able to do a ADB push try this http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...thout-sd-card/

But CWM is the most reliable. Not sure why you would want all stock including recovery. CWM allows you to have nandroid backups which can save your day. What I have is all stock except CWM.
+1 for that. Having CWM on the physical recovery partition is a potential lifesaver. It is easy and safe to flash if you follow the one click instructions. No reason to have the crap stock recovery that simply factory resets your phone and does nothing else other than flash an OTA update. If you get an OTA, which any more are unlikely after 2.3.4, you can always flash stock recovery back first just as easy as you flashed CWM. Be thankful LG never locks bootloaders and you can flash an alternate recovery to the phone.
Want to sim unlock your LG phone: PM me for more info.
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

If you appreciate my work please buy me some coffee.

kesara
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
+1 for that. Having CWM on the physical recovery partition is a potential lifesaver. It is easy and safe to flash if you follow the one click instructions. No reason to have the crap stock recovery that simply factory resets your phone and does nothing else other than flash an OTA update. If you get an OTA, which any more are unlikely after 2.3.4, you can always flash stock recovery back first just as easy as you flashed CWM. Be thankful LG never locks bootloaders and you can flash an alternate recovery to the phone.
yep ...
What do you know ... there is a nandroid for v21y also it seems http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1048274
ROM
OS
KERNEL
Other
.... Nemus launcher

The Following User Says Thank You to kesara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 426

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yep ...
What do you know ... there is a nandroid for v21y also it seems http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1048274
Yes, but a nandroid will not flash the baseband. Only an OTA, LG Update, or KDZ flash will do that.
Want to sim unlock your LG phone: PM me for more info.
Instructions on how to enter unlock code can be found here. http://bit.ly/wyYl5z

If you appreciate my work please buy me some coffee.

kesara
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
I
Quote:
Yes, but a nandroid will not flash the baseband. Only an OTA, LG Update, or KDZ flash will do that.
Yes I was referring to the adb push actually

ROM
OS
KERNEL
Other
.... Nemus launcher

justintheshark30
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i think i have completely bricked my phone..please help

hi,

i was referred to this post as i could not unroot my phone. after following all the steps on OP, i put the battery back in and nothing happens when i push the power button. and now my computer doesn't recognize the phone when i plug in. does this mean i have completely bricked it?

thanks