[Game][2.1+] Musikr v2.1 - Take "Music Quizes" to the next level
version 2.1 released with some bugfixes. Changelog:
- Function to Include/Exclude folders now working.
- Added vibration option Fwhen time is up in Arcade and Challenge modes.
- Back button killing app on level selection screen problem fixed.
- Option to toggle transition effect added.
*Whole GUI redone from scratch!
*Tablet support added
*Internal code improved, some bugs solved
*Song random start point option added for all modes
*Bunch of other stuff done long ago and forgotten...
Hey all. This is a little game I've done for Android, hope you enjoy it
, take the classic "Music Quiz" to another level!
You'll have to test your knoledge about music. It will randomly pick a song out of your local music repertoire, play it, and put it on a list along with 4 songs selected randomly as well.
Since version 2.0, it (in theory -> in AVD's seem to be fine
) supports all kinds of screens. You will need to have at least 5 songs in your local library. Also, it has support for two languajes: English and Spanish :P
has 3 game modes:
This is the simplest mode of the whole game. We'll only have a hits, failure and score counters. If you hit, you'll win one point. And if you fail, you'll lose one. As easy as that!
The arcade mode is similar to the free mode. It just adds a stopwatch to see how long it takes for you to select an answer. This mode has 5 diferent levels:
- Super Easy
Each one has a diferent time limit. If you guess correctly inside the limit, you'll win a point. If you guess but it takes you too long to answer, nothing will happen. But if you fail, no matter how long it takes you, you'll lose one point.
This is the most "complicated" game mode. In this mode will add lifes (5 at start), and a new value called "Next", which indicates how many songs you have to guess correctly so to win a life. It's initial value is 10, and it will decrease each time you make a hit (regardless time). But it will go back to 10 if you miss one. Just as Arcade Mode, this one has 5 levels too.
Level - Time limit table:
Level - Time Limit (Seconds)
Super Easy - 15
Easy - 10
Medium - 7
Difficult - 5
Impossible - 3
In the selection (mode or level) menu, you are able to enter preferences. In which you'll see the following options:
- File Selection Options: This will help us if we have some sounds in our memories, which we don't won't to be on the list.
- Folder to skip: If selected, it will include all songs in the memory EXCEPT the ones inside the folder specified.
- Folder to include: If selected, it will ONLY INCLUDE songs inside the specified folder.
If you select both options at the same time, they will cancel themselves and you'll have the same result as if you had selected anything.
So that you don't have to type the whole path to the folder, you only have to type a string and Musikr will compare it with the path to any
file. And if any part of any songs path matches with the string, it will just pass over it, or add it to the list.
For example, if you have a song called "/sdcard/Metallica - Nothing Else Matters.mp3" and a folder called "/sdcard/Meta", and your string is "Meta", it will skip/include both, the folder and the song.
- Splash Options:
- Show (or not) initial Splash: Will let you select whether you want or not to see an initial Splash.
- Change default splash for Musikr's one: By default in this version, you'll see a "Scenery Beta 2011" splash (a little homebrew competition Musikr is in). If you check this option, you'll see Musikr's original splash (which will be seen in future versions by default).
- Version information, this doesn't need explanation at all xD.
I'm completely open to ideas, critics, feedback, etc. Any question, suggestion or comment you may have please post, don't be shy!