[Game][2.1+] Musikr v2.1 - Take "Music Quizes" to the next level

Search This thread

kuroneko007

Jan 20, 2011
Tokyo
www.japandroid.info
Hi

Great game so far, very addictive for people like me. 1 big (?) And one suggestion.

Bug? You seem to be recording high scores, as it asks me to enter some text when I lose. But the dialogue box has no label, so it's not clear. Also, I don't see any way to view the high scores afterwards.

Suggestion: put buttons on both sides of the screen, and make it 2 player.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

moikop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
Bug? You seem to be recording high scores, as it asks me to enter some text when I lose. But the dialogue box has no label, so it's not clear. Also, I don't see any way to view the high scores afterwards.
That's the app asking for a name so that it can save the actual score. For now, I've added a title to that little screen. But I really need to rework the Best Scores UI.
Thanks for remembering me that :)

To see highscores, in any game mode (free, arcade or challenge), press menu button and select "show the best score". Notice that each game mode has different high scores :p

Suggestion: put buttons on both sides of the screen, and make it 2 player.
I'll add it to my todo list.. thanks ;)

Last edited:

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
I'm using Google Music so all my music is located in "sdcard/android/data/com.Google.android.music/cache/music"
How do I get it to find these files?

This game uses Android media database to collect songs. But I'll see what I can do for next version.

The problems is that inside that folder, there is a ".nomedia" file. This makes the Android media scanner to skip that folder.
Maybe you could try deleting that file until I find a workaround :p

I use Google Music too. But I keep some of my songs in a folder in my sdcard (not the google music dir), so that other apps (such like music players or this game, for example) can use them. The songs will be in Google Music app, just like if they were in gmusic's folder).

It's been long time without updates.. well, I've been working hard in various projects, and I'm still working on Musikr. Right now, I'm making a new UI :)

Last edited:

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
News!

Hey guys, it's been long since last post. I've been busy with more important projects (like Kernel Developing :p). But now I managed to get enough time and finish the new version!

Musikr 2.0 will have a redesigned GUI, extremely improved code (gained a lot of experience this four months :rolleyes:) and it should support any screen size now!

Last edited:
Reactions: teorouge

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
v2.0 uploaded!

Hey guys,

I've just uploaded 2.0 version. I don't have time right now to update the OP, but I'll do it when I have time. Sorry about that, but I've put some of the changelog there meanwhile.

Edit: First post updated, sorry for the delay..

Last edited:

Elemetrix

Apr 28, 2010
Liking the app :) UI looks good too.

A more user friendly folder selection could be useful (tickboxes for the folders to include)

I need to try and exclude some folders so it doesn't play my call recordings!

Reactions: moikop

Spauldio

Dec 4, 2007
Burlington
subfolders?

Love the game, but I seem to be having an issue with folders on my tablet. I keep all my music in on an sd card. Told the program to only use "/Removeable/MicroSD/My Documents/Audio". I thought it would pick up all of the sub folders and files there, but it continues to find and use all mp3's on my machine.
Can it handle subfolders?

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
Liking the app :) UI looks good too.

A more user friendly folder selection could be useful (tickboxes for the folders to include)

I need to try and exclude some folders so it doesn't play my call recordings!

Thanks, you're right. I'll start working on that :)

Love the game, but I seem to be having an issue with folders on my tablet. I keep all my music in on an sd card. Told the program to only use "/Removeable/MicroSD/My Documents/Audio". I thought it would pick up all of the sub folders and files there, but it continues to find and use all mp3's on my machine.
Can it handle subfolders?

It should. I completely rewrote that algorithm, but maybe there's some bug on it. I shall look into it and let you know what's wrong.

Spauldio

Dec 4, 2007
Burlington
Thanks, you're right. I'll start working on that :)

It should. I completely rewrote that algorithm, but maybe there's some bug on it. I shall look into it and let you know what's wrong.

Before you go too far is there anything on my end that I could be doing wrong? Sadly I've dicovered that far too many issues occur somwhere between the device and the chair.

Chris4evernoob

Mar 18, 2012
Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
This is a really really fun game. I play every few hours when i'm bored :D. I just have a few suggestions if they are possible to implement.

• If in the proper modes, the time limit is reached, enable vibration and/or play a beep/fail sound and go to next question.
  • Change "Score" to "Total" and create a "Longest Run" or something like that where it records the most you got right in one run without a fail. Not the whole time from when you pressed "play" to "stop".
  • Create "Online Leaderboards/Highscores" and/or "Personal Records". Make them all one one screen but with buttons. Maybe online scores is just too much?

_____________<Own>______________<Online> .
___<Free Mode>___<Arcade Mode>___<Challenge mode> .
__<Super Easy>__<Easy>__<Medium>__<Difficult>__<Impossible> .

Rank________Player_________Score
1.__________XXX___________XXX
2.__________XXX___________XXX

• Make "Hits" and "Failed" count more noticable.
  • Tickboxes for folder selection as Elemetrix mentioned before (even though you already replied).

• Choice for Fade out transition + Duration/XXX/None.

• When playing and press button ask for confirmation to exit.

Also when you select a mode, if you press the back button it exits the app instead of taking you back to then game mode selection screen as would be more logical.

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
This is a really really fun game. I play every few hours when i'm bored :D. I just have a few suggestions if they are possible to implement.

• If in the proper modes, the time limit is reached, enable vibration and/or play a beep/fail sound and go to next question.
Noted. Shall be easy to implement.

• Change "Score" to "Total" and create a "Longest Run" or something like that where it records the most you got right in one run without a fail. Not the whole time from when you pressed "play" to "stop".
I don't assure you this will be implemented(Not because I can't), but I'll look into it.

• Create "Online Leaderboards/Highscores" and/or "Personal Records". Make them all one one screen but with buttons. Maybe online scores is just too much?

Not too much, but just not a priority right now.

What do you mean? I think it's fine (maybe a little bigger font wouldn't hurt).

Noted, will be implemented.

Will check it out.

Also when you select a mode, if you press the back button it exits the app instead of taking you back to then game mode selection screen as would be more logical.
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. Will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Before you go too far is there anything on my end that I could be doing wrong? Sadly I've dicovered that far too many issues occur somwhere between the device and the chair.
I think there is in fact a bug there. Working it out right now.
Edit: Spauldio, you were right. I caught the bug and fixed it. Will add a couple of things and shall release a new version shortly.

Last edited:

moikop

Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
Now that i look back i did make quite a bit of requests :eek:
Not all of them are important though. I like that you are fully supporting your app and taking the feedback.

I couldn't be possible supporting my little projects without people like you speaking their minds and helping me make this a better and more enjoyable game. To all of you I wanna say thanks! :)

It took me quite some time due to some personal issues, but I've just managed to update the op with v2.1. I wanted to add a couple more of the requests, but didin't have enough time. Hopefully in the next release :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News! version 2.1 released with some bugfixes. Changelog:
    • Function to Include/Exclude folders now working.
    • Added vibration option Fwhen time is up in Arcade and Challenge modes.
    • Back button killing app on level selection screen problem fixed.
    • Option to toggle transition effect added.

2.0 Changelog:
    *Whole GUI redone from scratch!
    *Tablet support added
    *Internal code improved, some bugs solved
    *Song random start point option added for all modes
    *Bunch of other stuff done long ago and forgotten...

Hey all. This is a little game I've done for Android, hope you enjoy it :D

With Musikr, take the classic "Music Quiz" to another level!
    You'll have to test your knoledge about music. It will randomly pick a song out of your local music repertoire, play it, and put it on a list along with 4 songs selected randomly as well.
    Since version 2.0, it (in theory -> in AVD's seem to be fine :p) supports all kinds of screens. You will need to have at least 5 songs in your local library. Also, it has support for two languajes: English and Spanish :p

Musikr has 3 game modes:

splash.png
    main_menu.png

Free Mode
    This is the simplest mode of the whole game. We'll only have a hits, failure and score counters. If you hit, you'll win one point. And if you fail, you'll lose one. As easy as that!

free_mode.png
    free_mode_options.png

Arcade Mode
    The arcade mode is similar to the free mode. It just adds a stopwatch to see how long it takes for you to select an answer. This mode has 5 diferent levels:
    • Super Easy
    • Easy
    • Medium
    • Difficult
    • Impossible
    Each one has a diferent time limit. If you guess correctly inside the limit, you'll win a point. If you guess but it takes you too long to answer, nothing will happen. But if you fail, no matter how long it takes you, you'll lose one point.

arcade_mode.png

Challenge Mode
    This is the most "complicated" game mode. In this mode will add lifes (5 at start), and a new value called "Next", which indicates how many songs you have to guess correctly so to win a life. It's initial value is 10, and it will decrease each time you make a hit (regardless time). But it will go back to 10 if you miss one. Just as Arcade Mode, this one has 5 levels too.

challenge_mode.png

Level - Time limit table:

Level - Time Limit (Seconds)
    Super Easy - 15
    Easy - 10
    Medium - 7
    Difficult - 5
    Impossible - 3

Options
    In the selection (mode or level) menu, you are able to enter preferences. In which you'll see the following options:

• File Selection Options: This will help us if we have some sounds in our memories, which we don't won't to be on the list.
    • Folder to skip: If selected, it will include all songs in the memory EXCEPT the ones inside the folder specified.
    • Folder to include: If selected, it will ONLY INCLUDE songs inside the specified folder.
    Note 1: If you select both options at the same time, they will cancel themselves and you'll have the same result as if you had selected anything.
    Note 2: So that you don't have to type the whole path to the folder, you only have to type a string and Musikr will compare it with the path to any file. And if any part of any songs path matches with the string, it will just pass over it, or add it to the list.
    For example, if you have a song called "/sdcard/Metallica - Nothing Else Matters.mp3" and a folder called "/sdcard/Meta", and your string is "Meta", it will skip/include both, the folder and the song.

• Splash Options:
    • Show (or not) initial Splash: Will let you select whether you want or not to see an initial Splash.
    • Change default splash for Musikr's one: By default in this version, you'll see a "Scenery Beta 2011" splash (a little homebrew competition Musikr is in). If you check this option, you'll see Musikr's original splash (which will be seen in future versions by default).
    • Information:
    • Version information, this doesn't need explanation at all xD.

preferences.png

I'm completely open to ideas, critics, feedback, etc. Any question, suggestion or comment you may have please post, don't be shy! :p
    I am not sure but I think in Challenge Mode you will also get points if you exceed the time limit. As I understood it it shall be +1 if you guessed in time, 0 if you guessed but out of time and -1 if you failed....

I've encountered one bug (?) while trying to do the screenshot : I've clicked on home and was sent to home, but the music didn't stop. Nothing visible in the task manager, and a restart of a new game didn't stop the song.

Today I had some spare time, and did some clean up. Solved the bug you mention, the one angelus mentions, and also improved the way the game handles music playback :)
    Next thing to do: see if I can make the song start from a random point; add support for tablet screens

Noted. Shall be easy to implement.

I don't assure you this will be implemented(Not because I can't), but I'll look into it.

Not too much, but just not a priority right now.

What do you mean? I think it's fine (maybe a little bigger font wouldn't hurt).

Noted, will be implemented.

Will check it out.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. Will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think there is in fact a bug there. Working it out right now.
    Edit: Spauldio, you were right. I caught the bug and fixed it. Will add a couple of things and shall release a new version shortly.
    Nice game idea!

I've test on my HP TouchPad, it works on tablet :D
    Some adjustments will be needed as you can see in the screenshot below (the clicks on the song titles are correctly accepted), but it's kinda playable :)

2011.11.30-21.45.36.jpeg

I've encountered one bug (?) while trying to do the screenshot : I've clicked on home and was sent to home, but the music didn't stop. Nothing visible in the task manager, and a restart of a new game didn't stop the song.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

BTW, your app made it to the portal today!
    great game, the only problem i think it may have is that the buttons were to small and so hard to press on my samsung galaxy 3, aka galaxy apolllo, ig5800, so i kept pressing the right answer and getting te failed! response :p
    love the app tho :)

I designed it in my own G3 and I think that they're ok. But I'll make the buttons a little bigger. Thanks for feedback :)

I don't know how to use adb, I am so noob '-' Sorry.

When it get to the Market, I install it, just let me know it. I still don't have ideia why it don't installed...

I'll see what I can do about your problem ;)