I picked one up at bestbuy today and I love the form factor, the keyboard is amazing. But.. AT&T's bloatware can't be removed and due to the extremely small internal storage it's impossible to deal with it. I'm probably gonna end up taking it back.
These reasons follow.
1. Can't be rooted unless it's S-OFF
2. Screen is small (smaller than the Veer, which i had before the status)
3. HTC sense on this thing is terrible.
4. Skype doesn't even support it's front camera
5. It doesn't seem like the developer community cares to much for the little chacha/status.
It's a nice phone but it's not something I'd keep around. It's what I'd sorta call one of HTC's best work. I've had a few HTC phones and this is the best, in terms of the loud speaker, call quality and the keyboard. but the small internal memory and no rooting just kills it.